Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast

Thread: New MPS 3

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Do yourself a favour - go out and drive one and I'm sure it'll leave you thinking twice before thinking about posting adverse comments about it Click here to enlarge

You'll only have it's looks to complain about which is fair enough, everybody has their own tastes Click here to enlarge
    You will notice I haven't posted a single adverse comment about its performance Click here to enlarge (closest I came was criticising the marketting of its performance). I am certain it's excellent - and in any case would hold off on a test drive before saying otherwise.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    I applaud you on your decision, especially after an APR tune, it'll be awesome and that is what I honestly think ! Click here to enlarge

But get ready for uncontrollable and irritating torque steer as it's going to have well over 400nm of torque through the front wheels without even being equipped with an LSD...

Or so think and say some of the knockers here who keep bringing that one up about the MPS3 LOL...
    No guarantees there'll be torque steer. I've got 480nm, and almost no torque steer whatsoever
    EDITTED:to avoid drama
    Back on topic. Hoping to go and take one for a spin in a month when i'm off my p's as the dealers are less reluctant to hand over the keys then Click here to enlarge Will be my first spin in a hi-po petrol turbo, so i won't have much to base it against, but i guess that'll give me an abject perspective, taking the car for what it is, and not comparing it to something else Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by sooty; 29th September 2009 at 05:50 PM.
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mmmmm . . . I like just the way it is!
    Seen a couple of these around, pretty rare I imagine. Definitely what I would put into the class of a street "sleeper."
    Old enough to know better . . . Too old to care!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sooty Click here to enlarge
    No guarantees there'll be torque steer. I've got 480nm, and almost no torque steer whatsoever
    Torque steer is moreso a function of power (which along with rpm decides gear ratios, and thus torque at the wheels) then torque at the engine Click here to enlarge. But I imagine with the lsd and power cuts in 1st/2nd gear it won't be too bad... shame Ford didn't lend Mazda rights to their revoknuckle for the new 3s though.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    how the hell has this thread lasted 21 pages!!!! the car came out months ago, its ugly as sin but has a kickarse engine... case over lol does it really need 21 pages worth Click here to enlarge?
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    Huh?

1:29.6 - Volkswagen Golf GTI
    1:32.8 - Honda Civic Type-R (EP3-2004 Facelifted)[25]
    1:33.5 - Honda Civic Type-R (FN2-2007)

As for the Pirelli... same exhaust setup as a normal GTi. Exterior changes are quite minor except for a changed front spoiler and colour coding.

Click here to enlarge
    where the hell did you get those times?? DOnt make up shit mate....on Top Gear UK episode 05/12/2004, The GOlf V GTI did the lap in 1:33.7! The Civic Hatch (2004 model) Type R made it in 1:32.8!
    I have just watched that episode again to make sure the times I have posted in here is correct. The Civic is FASTER than the GOlf MK5 GTi!

SO you post a side profile of a golf pirelli to show it is a sleeper....show the back please. And those wheels look huge in real life...it is NOTa sleeper. and the rear roof spoiler looks big in real life too! I have seen quite a few in blue and they look like a hotted up golf...which is not a bad thing...but not a sleeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by imay Click here to enlarge
    Mmmmm . . . I like just the way it is!
    Seen a couple of these around, pretty rare I imagine. Definitely what I would put into the class of a street "sleeper."
    Not more sleeper than a Mitsubishi ralliart hatch... r u guys like 110% biased?? or just plain BLIND?

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    where the hell did you get those times?? DOnt make up shit mate....on Top Gear UK episode 05/12/2004, The GOlf V GTI did the lap in 1:33.7! The Civic Hatch (2004 model) Type R made it in 1:32.8!
    I have just watched that episode again to make sure the times I have posted in here is correct.
    rjastra made a bit of a mistake Click here to enlarge quoted the time for the Golf GTI W12-650 concept car.

Not more sleeper than a Mitsubishi ralliart hatch... r u guys like 110% biased?? or just plain BLIND?
    Settle down, he didn't say it's more sleeper then any japanese car in existance.. just that it's a sleeper. ie he considers it looks tame compared to its performance. Kind of a subjective thing to bring out the capital letters over don't you think?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmonkey Click here to enlarge
    how the hell has this thread lasted 21 pages!!!! the car came out months ago, its ugly as sin but has a kickarse engine... case over lol does it really need 21 pages worth Click here to enlarge?
    Prepare to get flamed over the coming WEEKS.
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mania Click here to enlarge
    Settle down
    Its late Click here to enlarge..need ZZZzzzz

Thread Information