Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Dyno Results

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that’s really impressive. And on a Dynodynamics meter too! Hub or Rolling road.

PS: What the heck have you done to that Mazda! Click here to enlarge
    Megane RS 250 Trophee
    Megane RS F1.R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    damm i forgot this was on, wanted to go. oh well for the better as my new zorst aint on yet anyway.

Congrats corzza nice result.

Although the MPS should be done in 5th gear not 4th to get as close to 1:1 as possible(would only be a few kw difference anyway if the dyno was setup correctly that is) but still great results none the less, you had it down the strip yet?

Gets a bit rich up the top end there though considering it has DISI it should be able to run a touch leaner then that around the 12 right through would be nice, unless the tune has it rich up top to keep the EGT low as this is what they do with the GTI's.

SSS_Hoon
    Click here to enlarge
    ......all that work and still not enough killer wasps, So i'm in the hunt for more.....

Life Is A Bitch, Death Is A ****, That Comes For Everyone, When It Comes For You, Your Completely ****ed

"Soon to be adding to the family with a itty bitty bubby"

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone do me a favour and describe why all dyno graphs have a power (kW) curve, but it seems to vary between them having a torque curve or a boost line?

I thought all dynos showed a power and torqueClick here to enlarge

For me, torque really is the more important part

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CORZZA Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Great result :clap: I love the MPS3...

Should be pumping out at least 230kw at the engine, this MPS would be a real surprise package Click here to enlarge

So what's the torque output ??? that would have to be at or over 450nm at the engine for sure Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSS_Hoon Click here to enlarge

Congrats corzza nice result.

Although the MPS should be done in 5th gear not 4th to get as close to 1:1 as possible(would only be a few kw difference anyway if the dyno was setup correctly that is)

SSS_Hoon
    Don't know about that one SSSHoon, Corzza or someone else will have to confirm, but the MPS 3 has a 'variable' final drive ratio in 5th and 6th gears, so 4th would be the one to the the dyno run...

Would love to see this MPS 3 run the 1/4, it's a definite 13sec candidate Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the MPS 4th gear is 1.171 and 5th is 1.085 around those numbers from memory. the final drive is 1st-4th 3.941 and 5th-6th is 3.350, wont make all that much difference on the power output just where it peaks is all, with those gearings it would prolly put it too fast, most likly approaching 200kph.

Yeah the GTI has a variable final drive in 5th and 6th also really wierd although you never feel it engage though(not sure if you would or not anyway).

Dyno readouts mizled can have whatever the operator wants to put on there, the most common are power and either torque or AF/R, for me the AF/R is more important then torque as with a torue reading is not going to tell me if my engine will lean out and blow up.

SSS_Hoon
    Click here to enlarge
    ......all that work and still not enough killer wasps, So i'm in the hunt for more.....

Life Is A Bitch, Death Is A ****, That Comes For Everyone, When It Comes For You, Your Completely ****ed

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSS_Hoon Click here to enlarge

Dyno readouts mizled can have whatever the operator wants to put on there, the most common are power and either torque or AF/R, for me the AF/R is more important then torque as with a torue reading is not going to tell me if my engine will lean out and blow up.

SSS_Hoon
    Ok thanks. Only reason I ask is because I got mine done, and it had power and boost... apparently

So does that mean you have power and one of either

-boost
    -Air/fuel ratio

or

-torque?

Sorry about the question... it's good to know what to expect!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but not all, as to get boost for example they need to hook the sensor into it to get it.

After the run they will still have all the numbers and data in the system so you can ask for a readout with the torque on it instead or say it beforehand so they cans et it up for you before the run.

Some places can have all of them on there if you want.

I would rather see power boost/air-fuel then torque on there as already stated as its more of a guide as to how the engine is handling it and what its doing, unless im just after a power run then i would get torque and power put on there.

You already had yours on a dyno have you? have you posted up the graph for us too have a look see at?

SSS_Hoon
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information