OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need some urgent help from anyone that can and is willing!

Help! I need help from someone who would be willing to help me source some parts. The reason being is that Holden can no longer source these particular parts for my Astra F.

The first part I need is simply the retainer and bolt that holds the car battery down on to the tray.

The second part I need is part of the drivers door deadlock mechanism. My door look recently broke as can be seen from the following picture. The Part on the right is the new part:

Click here to enlarge

However, when I was pulling this mechanism apart, this little tiny cylindrical roller type bearing fell out. No more than a few mm long and a few mm in diametre. Tiny little thing it is. Do you think I can find the bloody thing! No way...but I need it! Holden don't have a part number for it so can no longer get it although it does apear on their schematic pictures. So my only chance is wreckers. So far, with the ones I've tried in Perth, no luck. Most have had the door lock already taken out.

I've still got all the other bits and pieces.

Click here to enlarge

Can anybody help me out??? I'm rather desperate as I have not drivers side door lock at the moment so I can't leave my car anywhere otherwise some fool will go through it. I'm willing to pay for all the bits and postage etc as would be expected. Does anyone know of a good Holden wrecker in their area that may carry the bits I'm after. If I have to I will pay for the whole door handle assembly to make it worth their while, barrel, backing plate, etc. Bloody tearing my hair out as I'm terrified to leave my car at work with no door lock or handle in it. It simply is a case of stick ur finger in the hole and ur inside the car.

Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Click here to enlarge 1996 Ceramic Blue TR Opel Astra GSi.

OpelAus Forum Regular Slimcraigie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should still be able to get these, we sell loads at work there are 3 part numbers you need 9120412 roller 90540616 cam and 90540614 lever these are a common fault on the astra f and corsa b and cost about £15.00gbp, unfortunatley I'm off sick from work for another week or so, so cannot help Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all good.....got in touch with a company called Autovaux in the uk. They have all the parts I needed and they export to australia! Bloody cheap too (considering they are brand new parts.

Slimcraigie, did you get my PM about the Opel Tailgate badge?

OpelAus Forum Regular Slimcraigie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it to sort out, just off work sick for another week at least :cry: all I have at the moment is whats listed on eBay,

Autovaux are quite good with Vauxhall trained staff but alot of there stuff is not genuine your deadlock parts will be genuine but general parts like belts, pumps, motors, sensors etc are after market. I'm not saying don't use them cos I know loads of people who buy things from them and they all say they are good Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks pal, your input is appreciated. I'll wait to hear from you regarding that Opel badge once ur feeling better.

Thread Information