Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opel OPC race car owner

Hey everyone! Quick intro, I just purchased a 2013 Opel Astra OPC that’s a stat write off so will be converting it into a circuit race car. Heading out to do some initial lap times at the end of the month with a stock car, will then start the performance mods to get it up and dancing.
    They seem to mod these up a fair bit in Europe and I’m hoping there are a few suppliers here in Aus too. So, if you can help me out! I’m looking for suppliers of the go fast bits for these cars, so far I’ve really struggled to find a brake pad supplier, looking for race pads, not street pads.
    If you can help me out, please let me know!
    Looking forward to contributing to the group as we develop the car (and picking the brains of those that already know all the tricks!!)
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum mate. For aftermarket brake pads, get in touch with GSL Rallysport. OE parts hit up @Slimcraigie from Autovaux and go fast bits are easy to get from Europe through companies like EDS and Mathijssen Technics (Mtech). Choices are endless in Europe for these cars. End of financial year sales will be starting in Europe in about 3 months so that will give you plenty of time to prepare a shoppinglist. Turning is a different matter though and most used is the EDS ipf handheld, quite affordable too for the amount of tunes you get. Get a shortshifter from Mtech, you won't be disappointed.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s terrific, exactly what I was looking for! I’ll have a look online for how best to source from these guys, very happy to hear of mid year sales!
    Sorry if I become a pain, you look to be quite into the mods for yours so I might pick your brain in the future!

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Welcome to OA
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which one did you buy? I saw the 2013 blue one on ebay that said the engine was modded, and the std 2015 Black one on Gumtree. My mate just blew the engine on his 2013 and was looking at both of these

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VVRR44 Click here to enlarge
    Which one did you buy? I saw the 2013 blue one on ebay that said the engine was modded, and the std 2015 Black one on Gumtree. My mate just blew the engine on his 2013 and was looking at both of these
    No I didn’t buy either of those, that said the blue one seemed to sell really cheap so long as the engine etc isn’t in bad shape. I considered both of those too but for parts as mine will be used for circuit racing.

I bought mine from a guy in Brisbane. Should be here the end of this week hopefully.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Idareu Click here to enlarge
    No I didn’t buy either of those, that said the blue one seemed to sell really cheap so long as the engine etc isn’t in bad shape. I considered both of those too but for parts as mine will be used for circuit racing.

I bought mine from a guy in Brisbane. Should be here the end of this week hopefully.
    May mate ended up buying the Blue 2013 from Sydney that was on ebay. The seller said lots of mods on the engine and sent a video of it running but will see when it arrives. Good luck with the racing. I do some time attack series at QR and lakeside and have not seen an OPC or Astra Turbo out there yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VVRR44 Click here to enlarge
    May mate ended up buying the Blue 2013 from Sydney that was on ebay. The seller said lots of mods on the engine and sent a video of it running but will see when it arrives. Good luck with the racing. I do some time attack series at QR and lakeside and have not seen an OPC or Astra Turbo out there yet
    Oh that’s cool, he got a great bargain IMO, let me know if he ends up stripping it down and is looking to sell off any of the parts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully the picture of the car shows up in this post!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information