Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah Astra stereo question

I love my astra but theres one thing that REALLY annoys me! Whenever i start my car the stereo comes on automatically, is this normal? Every time before i switch her off I've gotta turn the freakn volume down bcoz whenever i kick her over i like to listen to the engine for any noises etc... Do all ah stereos do this?
    Yea i know its abit of a stupid question but gotta ask.

Sent from my Boost View 5.0 using Tapatalk
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes this is normal best thing you could do is turn it all the way down. I know on mine (cdc40) you can choose the startup volume

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think mines the cd30,that start up option would be nice. Every time i start it after the misses has been in it it almost blows my head off.
    Thinking about replacing stereo anyway although ive heard theres afew dramas involved

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there...the radio can be set to start when turning the car on or this option can be disabled. Go into settings and locate ignition logic. In the same area you can also set the maximum volume at which the radio starts up with. If not set it will start at the volume that it was set at when the car was turned off.

Hope that helps.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks heaps! I havent seen ignition logic on the display before, or is it written in a shorter version or code of some sort? If its the same settings im thinking do u hold settings button until it beeps then press the button on right side just below display? What button do i press to select on or off?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just remembered if you press the sound button then settings you can adjust the startup volume. I don't know if this option on the cd30

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by quirkymac Click here to enlarge
    Hi there...the radio can be set to start when turning the car on or this option can be disabled. Go into settings and locate ignition logic. In the same area you can also set the maximum volume at which the radio starts up with. If not set it will start at the volume that it was set at when the car was turned off.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks for the help i just turned ignition logic off. I cant believe i hadnt seen it before. As simple as pressing settings then directional down then u can choose off or on. Big help cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shifty Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the help i just turned ignition logic off. I cant believe i hadnt seen it before. As simple as pressing settings then directional down then u can choose off or on. Big help cheers

To access it in mine a cd30 I hit the settings button which then shows audio on the screen, I hit the down arrow once to get to system, then hit the right key 7 times to get me to ignition logic. Then use the up or down key to turn it on or off.

To set the start up volume . Again settings once to display audio then right key 6 times to get to on volume. Mine is set to 6..which is good for me. Use the up or down key to adjust. To save the settings just set the value you want then wait about 10secs and it will return to the menu.

Hope that helps.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by quirkymac Click here to enlarge
    To access it in mine a cd30 I hit the settings button which then shows audio on the screen, I hit the down arrow once to get to system, then hit the right key 7 times to get me to ignition logic. Then use the up or down key to turn it on or off.

To set the start up volume . Again settings once to display audio then right key 6 times to get to on volume. Mine is set to 6..which is good for me. Use the up or down key to adjust. To save the settings just set the value you want then wait about 10secs and it will return to the menu.

Hope that helps.
    With ignition logic off will the stereo turn off automatically after a certain amount of time after i turn my car off? I walked out to check if my car was locked and noticed the radio was still on, it was only about 10mins after i turned the car off but hoping i dont have to turn radio off manually before i get outta car as i WILL forget and every time and end up with a flat battery.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    How can you forget to turn off the radio when you hear music ?! If you turn it off manually a few times, it becomes a normal/automatic thing to do (just like locking your car or putting on your seatbelt...)
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Thread Information