Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tethering available on all networks AFAIK..

Most mobs now supply 1GB, is that sufficient??
    Opelized Astra G Sri-T Silver - Mods to date --> ECU Remap - K&N Pod - 2.5" cat-back zorst w/ Hi-Flow S/S cat - Eibach 'Sportlines' - Bilstein B8's - 20" Variant rims w/ Hankook 235/35/20 rubber - Aero wipers -
    To Do's - Re-paint console, FMIC!! WASH!!!!! Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Only 3GS has tethering afaik

And some networks charge for it. I looked into it for mine and Optus want to charge $9.90 a month for it lol
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jailbreak FTW!!!
    Opelized Astra G Sri-T Silver - Mods to date --> ECU Remap - K&N Pod - 2.5" cat-back zorst w/ Hi-Flow S/S cat - Eibach 'Sportlines' - Bilstein B8's - 20" Variant rims w/ Hankook 235/35/20 rubber - Aero wipers -

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question for you guys, seriously considering The Bigpond Liberty 7Gb with a Bigpond Elite Network Gateway. Now ive read a few articals saying that these routers over heat.... does anyone know if thats the real case? Also with Bigpond if new data plans come out like for example 12gb for $39.95/mnth are you able to switch to them or are you stuck with the current ones for the 24months?
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrissn89 Click here to enlarge
    Quick question for you guys, seriously considering The Bigpond Liberty 7Gb with a Bigpond Elite Network Gateway. Now ive read a few articals saying that these routers over heat.... does anyone know if thats the real case? Also with Bigpond if new data plans come out like for example 12gb for $39.95/mnth are you able to switch to them or are you stuck with the current ones for the 24months?
    Checkout whirlpool forums Chris, wealth of knowledge there re. broadband/plans etc...

Alternately, ring 'em up, u can generally Upgrade plans but not Downgrade, then again, Telstra are generally not very forthcoming when it comes to helping out a customer, once they have ur business, that's it as far as their concerned...

If u switch to a more expensive plan that may work, but defo can't go cheaper, even if it offers more bandwidth/cap etc...

AFAIK Telstra has the fastest infrastructure atm, although Optus & 3/Voda are also in the midst of upgrading their equipment too...
    Last edited by AfterBurner; 30th November 2010 at 06:09 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im with telstra and they let you change your plan at anytime aslong as it is with them. for us we were paing 59 for 12gb a month. once they released the new plans i just went on upgraded to 50gb a month for the same price. im still in my contract but you can only change once each month
    you can live in a car but cant race a house

Current: 1979 Chrysler Lancer Hatch & 2007 Holden ve Commodore SSV
    past: 2002 SRi Astra & 1985 Holden vk Berlina

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay thank you guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know when Bigpond will update the 3G21WB router?
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quick question for you guys, seriously considering The Bigpond Liberty 7Gb with a Bigpond Elite Network Gateway.
    I've had my Thomson TG782T which is what Bigpond send you as their "Home Network Gateway" wireless router - and you can seriously cook a BBQ on the sucker.....
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I've been reading up on all the over heating/cooling issues they have with there wireless routers. I guess as long as they give you at least a 12month warranty it should be alright, a 24month warranty would be good tho as its the length of the contract. Some of these routers are running at or above 80 degrees and are just cooking the internal components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information