Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    OpelAus Forum Hierarchy Nurb608's Avatar
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    VXR Insignia specs and UK pricing finally released.

INTRODUCTION

Based on the successful 2009 European Car of the Year Vauxhall is pleased to announce further details of the exciting Insignia VXR. With a design inspired by the GTC concept car, many of the Insignia VXR’s styling cues will be familiar to those who saw this groundbreaking concept at the 2007 Geneva Motor Show.

A deeper bumper, incorporating bold, twin mesh grilles either side of the main grille, dominates the front of the car, and at the rear, there is a bespoke bumper moulding incorporating dual matt chrome exhausts.

Available in Hatch, Saloon and Sports Tourer, the Insignia VXR’s 2.8 Litre V6 Turbo produces 325PS and accelerates from 0-60mph in 5.6 Seconds (Sports Tourer 5.9 seconds)

This sporting theme continues in the Insignia VXR’s cabin. Recaro front seats, a new VXR steering wheel, VXR gearknob and unique mouldings are standard on all cars, along with different instrument graphics, VXR sill plates and a black headlining.

The high-performance Insignia will be Vauxhall’s first VXR model to adopt 4X4 technology, using a bespoke chassis developed through an extensive test programme at the gruelling Nürburgring circuit in Germany.

Highlights are a ‘HiPerStrut’ front suspension system, Adaptive 4X4 with electronic Limited Slip Differential (eLSD) and a 10 millimetre reduction in ride height over the Insignia SRi.
    The HiPerStrut system is unique to the VXR and serves two primary functions: firstly, to reduce torque-steer, but also to maintain negative camber during cornering, thereby improving ultimate grip levels in wet or dry conditions.

Complementing these features are standard 19-inch alloy wheels (20-inch lightweight forged alloys are a cost option) with bespoke tyres, revised bushing and damper settings on both axles, and Brembo brakes with colour-keyed callipers and vented/cross-drilled discs.

‘The Insignia VXR is not just about absolute power, but a combination of usable performance and chassis sophistication which is the match of premium rivals, such as Audi’s new S4,’ said Andy Gilson, Vauxhall’s Marketing Director. ‘In essence, it’s an ultra-fast performance car that will appeal to buyers who appreciate subtle yet distinctive styling, but who need to know that there’s real substance below the car’s metal.’

SPECIFICATION / OPTIONS

Standard specification on Insignia VXR includes:
    VXR Specific Body styling
    19inch V-spoke Alloy Wheels
    Recaro Sports Seats
    Specific VXR Chassis
    Sight and Light Pack
    Brembo 355mm 4-Pot Caliper Brake System
    Bi-Xenon Adaptive Forward Lighting
    Adaptive 4x4 with Flexride
    Tyre Pressure Monitoring

VXR Specific Options over Insignia Options also available
    20inch Forged Billet Bi-color Alloy Wheels with 225/35 R20 tyres- £1100

Leather Pack : Leather Seat facings, 8 Way Electric Adjustment and Power Folding Mirrors.- £1300

Insurance Group Rating
    Please note Insignia VXR is ABI recommended:
    20 Group Rating – 18E
    50 Group rating – 36E

PRICING and ORDERING

Please find the pricing details for the new Insignia VXR. Key competitors for this car are the Audi S4 at £34,260 BMW 335M Sport saloon £34,840 and VM Passat R36 £31,825

VXR Saloon/ Hatch £30,995 OTR

VXR NAV Saloon/Hatch £31,810 OTR
    VXR Sports Tourer £32,320 OTR
    VXR NAV Sports Tourer £33,135 OTR

Colours
    Insignia VXR is available with a colour palette comprising
    Arden Blue (GBM)
    Power Red (GBH)
    Carbon Flash Black (GAR)
    Silver Lake (GEV)
    Olympic White (GAZ)
    Technical Grey, (GAL)
    Track Times: Phillip Island - 1:59.4027, Calder Park - 1:08.8142, Winton 3km - 1:40.7810, Sandown - 1:29.6000, Haunted Hills - 62.55, 1/4 Mile - 13.736

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    please holden, please see the light
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bloody hell she goes
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX | Forged Build | Build Thread
    Forged Build 12.23s @ 182km/h& The Run

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the pricing people !!!

There goes the 50k $AUD speculation right out the window...

You can definitely bet your arse ' if ' it comes here, don't expect any change from 65k+ for the base model and around 80k+ for the nav. sports tourer...add the ORC's and it's getting awful close to 6 figures...

I still think though it has the goods for that price tag, only problem is at that price point it competes against some other very desirable hardware...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sooty Click here to enlarge
    Don't think it'll cost 100k.
    For comparison the Astra VXR is 22k GBP over there.
    An Elite insigna SRI with the 2.8L turbo 6 is 30kGBP
    Even if the VXR is another 5k GBP, if the VXR is say $40k here, then the insignia VXR is looking more like $75-80,000...
    I'd rather a Passat R36 for that price.
    Looks like your were pretty much spot on with the above Ain Click here to enlarge

I like it, but still trying to come to grips with the o/a external styling - really need to see it in the flesh Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seem to recall reading an article where some guy from HSV stated that if it were to be sold, it would need to be "less than a clubby" at around the 55,000 mark. What do you reckon the manufacturing costs would be?

In any case I don't see it being successful at all at that money considering you're getting into both Euro and Australian v8 premium territory.
    '91Alfa Romeo 164Q
    '02 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 ~ '98 BMW 740il ~ '02 Saab 9-5 aero ~ '99 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible ~'00 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 ~ '97 Volvo S40 T4 ~ '94 Saab 900s 2.5 ~ '98 Opel Vectra 2.0

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is HiPerStrut GM speak for RevoKnuckle? Or renaults similar hardware?

EDIT: apparently it is. Neat. Now we just need someone to figure out a retrofit for astras Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jerram Click here to enlarge
    I seem to recall reading an article where some guy from HSV stated that if it were to be sold, it would need to be "less than a clubby" at around the 55,000 mark. What do you reckon the manufacturing costs would be?

In any case I don't see it being successful at all at that money considering you're getting into both Euro and Australian v8 premium territory.
    No way 55k after seeing the U.K price list above !

What's been said or printed till now was all just speculation...

If you look at just about any car sold in the U.K and then compare the price tag of the same sold here, it usually falls into a 2-2.5x price point of the U.K price point (around 2.2 is a good indicator) and compared with U.S pricing it's always around 2x what they pay in $USD

If you want one start saving your pennies as you'll need the better part of 70-80k...I still reckon that's a good price for what you get, but would be looking more seriously at other alternatives especially at 90k, there are a few other much nicer machines out there for that much Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we wont get it imo, too expensive for me to be intersted now Click here to enlarge
    Glider aka Toby, 94 Calibra Turbo
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Looks like your were pretty much spot on with the above Ain Click here to enlarge

I like it, but still trying to come to grips with the o/a external styling - really need to see it in the flesh Click here to enlarge
    Logic wins out againClick here to enlarge
    Not a bad price though when compared to the Elite SRi that i mentioned.
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information