Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like I've been given a 5dr corsa b for free so might be a road trip to bowen on the cards!

Sent from Stephen Hawkings wheelchair

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    Do it and just buy a NA XR6 instead. XR6Ts are a lot of fun, but they're also very thirsty and given that you'll be using it as a regular family hauler, you're gonna be strapped for cash as it is without the fuel bill adding to it.

Plus, with BA and probably with BF XR6Ts and XR8s, they've probably been flogged to within an inch of their life by now.
    After a day of thought and a couple of drives, I've decided to keep it and follow through with the plans I had for it. As you said, cheaper on fuel than an XR6T/XR8 and buying another second hand car I don't know is a risk I don't want to take on at the moment.
    2004 Arden Blue TS Astri SRi Turbo

OpelAus Forum Regular Gsi_Bryce's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sskustomz Click here to enlarge
    Looks like I've been given a 5dr corsa b for free so might be a road trip to bowen on the cards!

Sent from Stephen Hawkings wheelchair
    What are the plans for that car steffi?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ConZo Click here to enlarge
    After a day of thought and a couple of drives, I've decided to keep it and follow through with the plans I had for it. As you said, cheaper on fuel than an XR6T/XR8 and buying another second hand car I don't know is a risk I don't want to take on at the moment.
    Good decision. You'll be glad for it later.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What have you done to your car lately?

I'd really like to weld up the rear doors and the c pillar glass and turn it into a panel delivery. It'll be my daily so a power upgrade will be req'd too!
    Click here to enlarge
    Photo stolen from migweb

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whew... got the wheels painted over the course of three days lol. Slight repair to two wheels that have been scratched since i bought the car, wheel weights off, full degrease and clean, sand back, 3 coats of primer, 3 coats of colour and three coats of clear = nice, shiny gunmetal wheels now Click here to enlarge Once the sun comes out i'll grab a pic in the sun as it makes the metallic pop.
    If anyone is wondering what's required to do your four wheels inside and out changing colour... painters tape, masking tape, degreaser, dishwashing detergent and hot water, prepsol, 400ish grit sandpaper, 2x cans of primer, 2x cans of colour and 2x cans of clear. If you were just doing the faces you could halve that. If you're organised and don't have twins then you could do it in a day.
    First two wheels i did have some darker patches for some reason, maybe just poor technique but the second two didn't so maybe a not mixed well enough can or something. Oh and FYI don't bother using paper to try and tape up your wheels, it's friggin useless, just masking tape up the sidewalls after you've used the painters tape around the rims.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A trick I learned from a YouTube video to quickly mask up a wheel, was to insert index cards around the rim overlapping as you go. I used a bunch of old business cards for the same effect. It is quick and you can use the cards over and over. The time it takes to do a wheel is very much dependent upon how much you have to repair the gutter rash before the painting starts. Oh and the weather.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AllenR Click here to enlarge
    A trick I learned from a YouTube video to quickly mask up a wheel, was to insert index cards around the rim overlapping as you go. I used a bunch of old business cards for the same effect. It is quick and you can use the cards over and over. The time it takes to do a wheel is very much dependent upon how much you have to repair the gutter rash before the painting starts. Oh and the weather.
    can go even faster and easier, put a thick layer of vasseline on the tyre. Spray wheel , let dry and wipe off vasseline. Everywhere vasseline is, paint don't stick.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AllenR Click here to enlarge
    Have done this before on my mate's G6E Turbo. Was absolutely brilliant. 10/10. Would do again.

Cheers

M

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    can go even faster and easier, put a thick layer of vasseline on the tyre. Spray wheel , let dry and wipe off vasseline. Everywhere vasseline is, paint don't stick.
    Even faster that I have seen is they just spray over the tyres. haha it would work if you were looking at changing tyres soon anyway.
    MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

Thread Information