Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Astra GSI

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2018 Astra GSI

http://www.caradvice.com.au/585011/2...tra-gsi-spied/

For those that don't know the GSI in the Astra TS was the Astra Turbo we got in Australia. So it sits below the OPC.

An alternative to the standard Golf GTI, ironically what my TS Astra Turbo was replaced with. The TS Astra Turbo blew away the GTI at the time (Mk IV). In turn the GTI blew away the AH Astra Turbo. Lets hope this GSI is a good one.

I tell you what though, I'm not keen on the anthracite wheels.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hmmm, has 4 doors but needs more power. Needs to grow on me I guess cause there's no moisture in the pants. Doesn't look overly spectacular at this stage.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    Hmmm, has 4 doors but needs more power. Needs to grow on me I guess cause there's no moisture in the pants. Doesn't look overly spectacular at this stage.

if thats what its going to look like, very underwhelming. expected it to look alot wilder/aggressive. nothing flash tbh. i'll stick with my pj opc thanks!

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll wait until the official release, however performance wise, it's not going to be close to the PJ OPC.

They will release a new OPC, however it looks to be a 4 door hatch, just like how Renault dropped the 2 door coupe body for their RS Magane.

The 4 door RS Magane looks hot.

MY07 Golf GTI DSG
    Volvo XC60 T6
    Ex- 2003 Astra SRI Turbo

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JohnBu Click here to enlarge
    I'll wait until the official release, however performance wise, it's not going to be close to the PJ OPC.

They will release a new OPC, however it looks to be a 4 door hatch, just like how Renault dropped the 2 door coupe body for their RS Magane.

The 4 door RS Magane looks hot.

agreed. the RS Megane is one of the sexiest looking hot hatches around. If i was ever to replace my J OPC, it would be an RS. just awesome.

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The rs rented last year in Melbourne was a nice car to drive, had a few funny features though but overall not a bad car. I'd be keen to rent a new one again. It'll be the new OPC that I'll be waiting for.

Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    "Online speculation suggests the new hottish Astra hatch will employ a 1.6-litre turbocharged four-cylinder motor, probably with between 150kW and 170kW of power."

Yeah, that can also mean there's every chance it's the same 1.6T we get now too, only they just add fancy plastic to make it look like it goes faster. I'm still not holding out much hope of an OPC/VXR Astra in this generation.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chris_r Click here to enlarge
    I'm still not holding out much hope of an OPC/VXR Astra in this generation.
    SSSST @chris_r don't jinx it, they might listen to you Click here to enlarge be positive, there WILL be a new OPC

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dutchy Click here to enlarge
    SSSST @chris_r don't jinx it, they might listen to you Click here to enlarge be positive, there WILL be a new OPC
    Yeah, in the new generation as a repackaged Pug more than likely. Speaking of which, it turns out that GM might be willing to hand some of their patents and tech over to PSA, if PSA are willing to honour GM's employee payouts for Opel staff too.

I'd like to see a new OPC in K form too, but from all I read about the PSA deal, I somehow don't see the point and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Already two years into the current model cycle, and say if it is even being developed, my guess is the OPC is at least 1.5 to 2 years away. If that is the case, I'd say PSA would be on track to transition the Astra to a Pug platform around 2020-21. Corsa F comes in 2019 and is the first Opel model to transition to a Peugeot platform.

Insignia will probably only do one model as the Commodore too, unless there's a continuing deal for PSA to supply a replacement model, which I can't see happening, not when GM can replace it with Korean shite at a fraction of the price.
    2001 Opel Corsa C SRi: Z20LET EDS stage 3.5 173.9kW @ the wheels Build thread and here on FB: http://www.facebook.com/corsasriz20let
    2018 Ford Transit 290S: Transit #2, in that order and it's also a POS
    1998 Opel Combo B: It has begun, and it's stalled - Build thread and FB page
    2009 Holden Commodore VE SS: Gen IV LS power for the inner bogan

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I also thought that one if the reasons for psa's decision was because opel is much further in developing electric cars than psa is so also for that reason they bought opel and vauxhal.

Thread Information