Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sometimes..even I don't know where I am...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so.. GMTECH, how do I get onto one of these powertrain/engineering guys? Might have to pop down to the new building on Salmon St with a case of beers me thinks....

Click here to enlarge

J/k
    More opportunities have been lost from indecision, rather than wrong decision.
    Current and past Automotive list: 1984 Cordia Turbo, 1997 WRX, 1998 Forester, 1975 124 CC Sport, 1999 MX5, 2003 STi, 2004 TS Convertible, 2006 AH CDX Wagon, 1972 124 BS Spider, 1962 Vespa GL, 1975 124 CS1 Spider, 1974 124 CS Spider, 2007 AH SRI, 2008 AH CDTi, 2008 AH CDX Wagon...as well as 3 more CC Sports, 1 x AC Sport..Now with added new Colorado space cab extended pick-up! 8 still in current possession...I need a larger Garage!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess would be that you'd need to learn German and visit Opel (maybe Bosch) with your beer. Do Holden actually do any engineering work on Opel vehicles in Australia?
    Last edited by stevedee3; 23rd January 2006 at 01:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stevedee3
    Do Holden actually do any engineering work on Opel vehicles in Australia?
    Yep, they designed the Holden badge...but even that is fitted in Antwerp...
    2003 Silver Astra SRi-T

• Electric Sunroof
    • 3" Dump, 2 1/2" Flex, Hi-Flow Cat & Exhaust
    • Custom Dyno Flash Tune (1 Bar)
    • Bailey Dump Valve

• 136.2 KW @ 5800 RPM
    • 278 NM @ 4100 RPM
    • 14.088 1/4 @ 99.88 MPH
    [CENTER]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stevedee3
    pred8r, sounds like you are talking about "Follow me home". After opening the driver's door, if you flash the headlights, they will stay on for 30 seconds after you lock the car to illuminate the area around the car. The reversing lights also come on to light up the back. That's how it works on a Vectra C anyway.
    Thats it, I think it was Dug74 that told me what it did, but his is a later model so maybe it came 'enabled' from factory, mine got optioned Click here to enlarge later.
    Also from what it was called you can understand why i assumed it could have been the twin rear fogs.
    Click here to enlarge
    "At the moment you have the answer to fuel consumption by looking at diesel, but governments then charge extra taxes on it so they make that option really unavailable to the public because they chose to put a levy on the fuel." - Tom Walkinshaw (HSV)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah the 2nd foggie isnt connected, just ask dug74 he connected his up.
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

I'm new here, please be nice gmtech's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink entice-member

Hello entice-member
    Here in melbourne the work that gets done is current product issues and calibrations for our climate and conditions. The majority of the test products are all vauxhall based now days as this is close to our spec we use here in australia. No enhanced work is carried out only if there is a driveability issue then this gets relayed back to germany for assessment,evaluation and aprovement. Currently there are several vauxhall based vehicles that are being tested for hot start conditions and options. Who knows we may find ourselves with new spec engine's later in the year.....shhhhhh ;-) GMTECH

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gmtech
    Well It Seems I Have Been Prompted To Make A Comment Or Post Something On This Forum By Opelaus Admin So Here Goes......tech 2 Is A Advanced Diagnostic Tool And That Is About It. With The Correct Accessories Like Tis 2000 And A Hardware Key, Yes You Can Alter Settings With Your Vehicle, But In Reality Do You Really Want To Do That?? Also The Hardware Keys Are Only Available To Holden Dealers.you Will Not Achieve Better Performance Out Of Your Motor Car As The Settings Are Set From Factory. To Obtain "better Responce Or Produce Better Power" This Is Only Achieved By Software Which Is Only Available To Gm P/train Engineering And Not The Dealer Network. We Use Laptops And Several Interface Modules To Transfer Data Or Flash Different Calibrator Files. There Are Several Aftermarket Software From The Net That Can Be Flashed Into Engine Ecu's But It Is Not Recommended.like Several People Have Stated On This Forum For This Particular Issue, It Is A Diagnostic Tool That Dealers Use For Diagnostic Work, Yes There Are Other Functions It Can Do Like Live Data Listing, Clearing Dtc's,programming Modules, Keys And Many More Interesting Things. Also There Are Two Variety Of Tech 2's- The Dealer Unit And Also The Service Unit Which Has Limitted Usage For Security Reasons-these Are Used By Smaller Workshops.hopefully That Answers Your Question. Gmtech

the TIS hardware key and software is able to be brought from vetronix dealer network...

if you would like more information please speak wit the australian dealer petroject, they are also vetronix's service provider. http://www.petroject.com.au/tech2.html

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here in melbourne the work that gets done is current product issues and calibrations for our climate and conditions. The majority of the test products are all vauxhall based now days as this is close to our spec we use here in australia. No enhanced work is carried out only if there is a driveability issue then this gets relayed back to germany for assessment,evaluation and aprovement. Currently there are several vauxhall based vehicles that are being tested for hot start conditions and options. Who knows we may find ourselves with new spec engine's later in the year.....shhhhhh ;-) GMTECH
    Hi gmtech, I'm curious (if you can say) - how different is an Holden Vectra CDXi from an Opel Vectra GTS or Vauxhall Vectra SRi?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ive got the tis 2000 software. still working out how to use it, all i can do so far is look at wiring diagrams lol, and dam they are in very good detail and explaned very deeply. last time i installed it i could diagnose problems and find solutions but cant seem to do that this time i installed it. i think i gotta fiddle more when i find some time
    Clint Ebbesen Photography www.clintebbesen.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No enhanced work is carried out only if there is a driveability issue then this gets relayed back to germany for assessment,evaluation and aprovement.
    gmtech, does that mean u can sort out my drivability issues???
    PLEASE, it's killin me Click here to enlarge
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

Thread Information