The app screenshot indicates a direct copy of the DashCommand app by Palmer Performance Engineering.

http://i.imgur.com/O5qXvhU.png

Perhaps Berry has licensed the app from Palmer. Perhaps not.

My research so far indicates my Corsarina xC uses the ISO 9141-2 standard which maxes out at a data rate of just 10.4 kilobits per second. The messages flying around the bus are very small though. Theoretically according to the standard messages max out at 255 bytes. That's tiny so a lot of messages could be pushed around the bus every second. Whether that's enough to enable a device like this to make a difference to a car is another matter.

Newer cars using the CAN bus can transmit A LOT more bps. A quick glance at the compatibilty charts suggest the product may only be targetting CAN bus cars which could make sense.
@berry can wax lyrical about how well they've tried to explain themselves on their KS page, but this line is super generic and thus dodgy:

The berry is the world’s most advanced automotive computer system.
Typical marketing spin there and this is more of the same given what @berry has written in this thread:

By modifying your vehicles existing computer, ...
Call me a weirdo but that implies flashing the ECU, not fudging sensor messages flying around the bus to get the ECU behaving differently, or "establishing" a new ECU map:

establishes a modified engine map directly to the ECU
The page is full of dodgy signals IMHO, including:

- Referencing Aaron's studying but not the institution and specific degree
- Stating a table of performance and economy claims but not referencing which economy test was used to get those figures
- Most claims of % improvements are at levels barely noticable to the average driver
- Company name including "Robotics" implies impressive capabilities but this product has absolutely zero to do with robotics
- The "anodized case" is nothing more than an everyday Altoids tin
- Another term for "detuning" is finding the average between extreme economy and fuel-guzzling power. Guess what? Lots of drivers would prefer a balance between the two! Only a small minority would want the extremes, so what do OEMs do ... set the base ECU map to the average or middle ground to satisfy most drivers then offer power (sport) and economy modes? Oh wait, they already do that!
- The excuse that intellectual property would be exposed if they detail their product more exhaustively is dubious. We're not asking for the secret sauce algorithms programmed into whatever IC the unit uses. We're asking for detail of how the secret sauce is applied. We all know OBD can provide data essentially in a read-only manner. Significantly influencing the car's electronic control systems by write to the OBD port, not so much.