Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I just read on the Dutch Opel forum that 2 members had similar problems which the dealer could not find as they were intermittent.No error codes were stored either. Turned out in both cars that wiring to the maf was broken. Couldnt see anything from the outside. When it does it again, stop, wiggle the wires to the maf , maybe see if you can pull them into another direction temporarily in place with some rope, and see if it still does it. That part of the wiring loom was renewed and problem gone.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you send the link dutchyClick here to enlarge thanks buddy. At this stage I'm looking at taking it to a retired European mechanic for him to look at

Mentioned
    276 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by warnzie Click here to enlarge
    Could you send the link dutchyClick here to enlarge thanks buddy. At this stage I'm looking at taking it to a retired European mechanic for him to look at
    yup, will look for the link.
    New, Peugeot 308 GTi 270 MY18 Pearlescent White.
    Old, now in the capable hands of Sskustomz; 2013 Astra sport 1.6T, asteroid grey, AFL+ adaptive bi-xenon headlights, FlexRide adaptive chassis control, 19" wheels, group buy door sill plates, carbon tint, de-lettered, smoked side indicators, Mtech short shifter, GM pedal covers, EDS Motorsport ipf stage 1
    http://www.opelaus.com/forums/showth...554#post821554

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After some more research the stock plugs have been known to cause trouble? They are already platinum plugs but can't find alternatives?

I took out all the plugs to check colour and whilst they were ok they wernt all even in colour. When not on boost it's fine, it's only on boost, like uneven boost which cause a staggery build in power rather than smooth..I'm still wondering if I have a boost leak??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I decided to check my coil pack for resistance and what I found was 3 were at 20ohm and 1 was at 19ohm. Now it's only 1ohm but when under load could drastically cause the stuttering? I'm no expert but I do know they should all be the same. Will have to try and find some more info as holden still arnt coming to the party. The new response I got was basically unless it shows on the dash or it goes bang in Holden's eyes it's not a problem!!!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was that resistance measured just after the engine had been running or was everything cooled down? I've noticed that differences in resistance between coils are greatest when the coils are warmer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry lads but my astra is long gone now. Too many issues occurring and it seemed the coolant loss was more to do with a cracked head/gasket so I decided to cut my loss and move on. Beautiful car unfortunately let down by GM crap mechanicals. I may of got a lemon but with any lemon it leaves a very sour taste in your mouth. So I now have a mazda 3 sp25 and it a great car. Anyway thanks for everyone's help and commentsClick here to enlarge

Thread Information