Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Pretty cool stuff!
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    Pretty cool stuff!
    Sure is Pete, very cool and freaky as said especially the first time you use it - the wait to see if it brakes and stops the car LOL, had me in a cold sweat first time it breaked from 100-0km/h after a Freeway run after encountering road works...it all worked as though I was driving Click here to enlarge

Thereafter re-starting (which is an input the driver has to do) but all you need do is tap the accelerator and then the automatic driving takes over again adjusting it's speed, distance, slowing down, re-accelerating, stopping etc. to fit in with what other vehicles around you are doing just like as you would normally do yourself...

I've gotten so used to it, I hardly ever drive manually anymore on Freeway runs, whereas before with other cars I hardly ever used cruise control, but this set up in the Merc which actually takes over entirely (except for the re-start from fully stoped) is so complete it makes a World of difference and if you get lazy and fall asleep, it's got a built in drivers safety package features that'll quickly slow down and stop the car and wake you up too Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    sounds like a cheek clencher the first time you use it LOL!

Might have to go and test drive one at the local dealership
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like a cheek clencher the first time you use it LOL!

Might have to go and test drive one at the local dealership
    If you get the chance definitely - here in Melb. the MB dealers are quite willing to let people sample their cars, if you do take em up on it, try out both the petrols and the oilers Click here to enlarge

I've got another AMG open day coming up later this year similar to the one I did back in March to which I can invite one other person to come along, pity your not in Melb. Pete otherwise you could come along and sample just about all of the AMG range as well as alot of 'cooking models' on the track - you'd absolutely love a fang in some of the new AMG's with the new V8 twin turbo, the N/A V8 C63 is also a shock the system the first time you experience it Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Depends when, I may be back down again soon
    2013 Ford Focus ST

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends when, I may be back down again soon
    If that's the case I'll let you know - AFAIK it'll be around October/November...

If you can't make it, I might make a thread out of it and see if someone would like to come along - hopefully there won't be any brawls over it LOL Click here to enlarge

Oh and I'd better not tell my Bro about it either or he'll definitely take up the offer Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information