I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vectra 2005 CDXi V6

I've the car for 5 months, not sure about it, seems very British, odd rattles and squeaks, never starts first time when cold and the auto transmission seems a bit sluggish when cold, is this typical? Any info on the cold start and auto would be gratefully received!

Thanks.Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the site Geoff Click here to enlarge

Any auto is going to be a bit slow until it comes up to temp. What you're looking for is rough changes &/or rough changing into Drive or Reverse from Neutral when it's at normal operating temp.

As for it not starting first time - could be a number of things - I'll leave that to the more mechanically minded to give a list of things to check.

Squeaks and Rattles - welcome to Vectra ownership Click here to enlarge - someone might have had the dash or interior panels off in the past and havent put them back on properly or tight.
    Last edited by Vectracious; 10th August 2011 at 10:51 PM.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome Along.
    Interior build quality of mine is second to none. Never had any problems with start up when cold, apart from a lumpy idle and increased revs until warm.
    Have you had it looked over by a mechanic?

Chris

Edit: I just remember, only interior issue.... my gear knob constantly pops off the gear lever
    Last edited by ChrisMaz; 10th August 2011 at 10:52 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Mentioned
    379 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    welcome to OA
    04 Astra Sri - Silver - Full red leather interior - mk4 888 wheels - Star light roof lining - lowered - ice - exhaust - vxr brakes - quite a few other things.
    my ride - no longer faster than qlds sri-t's
    OEM+
    04 Astra Linea Rossa - Build thread

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the reply, the auto just isn't as crisp and smooth as I would expect from a car priced near $50000 when new, some changes are a biit clunky and when I back off the car experiences a lot of engine braking, I am not sure what is expected as this is my first auto for many years. The car has just over 50K on the clock so I would hope theree are no issues.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Who's been servicing the car? Might be time to give it a fresh splash of transmission fluid and a tune up.
    Drove a friends Auto before buying my Manual and I thought the changes were very smooth.

You don't seem overly happy about the car either way. Maybe time for a change? Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EDS-IPF Re-Map, 19" OPC Snowflakes, OPC Rear Spoiler, OPC Rear Diffuser, Remus Exhaust, Irmscher Front Spoiler, Irmscher Front Grille, Irmscher Eyebrows Signum Fog Surrounds and Lower Grille, K&N Apollo Intake, Koni Yellow Adjustable Dampers, Eibach Pro-Kit, DBA 5000 Gold Rotors, M-Tech Shifter

Thread Information