Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: B*stard Rego!!!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Calibrated Click here to enlarge
    thats just utter bullshit moneymaking crap. it should be covered in comprehensive just like it is in other parts of the world.
    take it up with the government - CTP is a government imposed insurance.... whereas comprehensive or third party property is voluntarily purchased by the consumer....

people don't seem to get that and take it out on us underwriters - it's not our fault... its the government....
    ~~~decisions decisions...~~~

"got some change for the bus there brother?" Kingston
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    screw paying for rego yearly.. The way I look at it is sure I'll get slugged more often but I won't have to scrape together as much money at the last minute as I would if I was paying it yearly Click here to enlarge

I always forget about rego until a week before it's due Click here to enlarge
    Angel Eyes, Eyelids, LED Tail Lights, K&N Replacement Panel Filter, 17" Alloy Wheels, Slotted Rotors
    QFM Super X Brake Pads.

Click here to enlarge
    Mahh rahhhd

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    what did you expect - we live in a country where we pay a tax on a tax (GST on fuel excise) - you reckon they won't grab whatever they can get???!!!!!!!!!
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kirssn Click here to enlarge
    take it up with the government - CTP is a government imposed insurance.... whereas comprehensive or third party property is voluntarily purchased by the consumer....

people don't seem to get that and take it out on us underwriters - it's not our fault... its the government....
    i know! im not taking it out on the underwriters, im saying its pathetic that its a requirement in the rego if you have comprehensive, which i have stated covers everything in other countries.
    so to sum that up. i blame the gumbyment for their blatant money grabbing
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    what did you expect - we live in a country where we pay a tax on a tax (GST on fuel excise) - you reckon they won't grab whatever they can get???!!!!!!!!!
    read an article a few days ago, cant remember where now, but basically stating that australia is THE most expensive country in the world to live.
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Calibrated Click here to enlarge
    i know! im not taking it out on the underwriters, im saying its pathetic that its a requirement in the rego if you have comprehensive, which i have stated covers everything in other countries.
    so to sum that up. i blame the gumbyment for their blatant money grabbing
    yes i get your point but sitting here in the underwriters chair.... we cop it..... not the government... which is ultimately my point... it needs to be taken up with the government.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We pay CTP and on top of that, everybody pays medicare or private health insurace...that is so much bullshit. Where does all this money go??

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    We pay CTP and on top of that, everybody pays medicare or private health insurace...that is so much bullshit. Where does all this money go??
    in short, it is there to cover the injuries sustained by a third party and in some cases, dependent upon insurer, an at fault driver in an accident where a motor vehicle is involved.

i will agree ctp costs the earth but it is there for a good cause - i mean at the end of the day, are you really going to complain about the cost of ctp when one day you, a brother, sister, mother father, partner or friend might be the person who needs to make a ctp claim because you're the injured party who's suffered lifelong injuries in an accident???

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    oh and private health insurance doesn't cover that much..... i've got top level of cover and i pay big $$$ each year for it, only to be diagnosed with a condition that means I can go into Anaphylactic shock anytime anywhere - yeah sure, I can minimise it but hey, only if i fork out in the first 12 months of treatment in excess of $3500 with costs only decreasing slightly after that... medicare rebate.... about 3%. Top level private health cover.... nothing.....

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    if you think insurance companies are bad in terms of car/health/home insurance - have a look at what the insurance companies have done in the US with the healthcare..... I hope to God the PBS lasts forever in this country - because if we had to depend on insurance companies getting us our medications affordably here - well we wouldn't...

kirssn, no matter what you say, at the end of the day, insurance companies are a business, and a business needs to make money. Insurance companies only make money if they don't pay people out - so yeah one day I might need to make a ctp claim - but you guys will take me through the ringer before you give me the "claim successful" stamp.

We have about 2% of our account customers get billed straight to an insurance company/TAC for accident/workcover etc - those 2% of accounts give us I reckon 60% of the headaches, because you have little minions with a God complex and a red pen who reject claims left right and centre because we dared charge cost + 0.1% extra markup. I reckon if I had to deal with 100% of claims going through insurance companies (like it is in the states) my whole day would be spent writing letters about why its been charged this much and just shut the f*ck up and pay the money....

and then people wonder why I refuse to open any brand new TAC/Workcover accounts. Then they deal with it themselves and understand....

/rant
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Thread Information