Thread: Insurance

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EL BURITO Click here to enlarge
    is that just due to mods ?
    Its part of being a "specialty" insurer within the niche markets - it allows a company to be selective about who they do and don't want to insure.....

people actually feel they are being discriminated against when they call a specialty insurer but we're not.....
    ~~~decisions decisions...~~~

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    1st. paragraph, hate to sound like a broken record, but ask them for precise answers !

2nd. paragraph, yes the black, arden blue and star silver colours used by Opel on the TS are all metallic across the range...

TS turbo hatches and verts were all the same price point when new regardless of exterior or interior colour (TS turbo verts had a choice of black or red interior) Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for that Wraith. With just cars, if you insure online the premium is cheaper then over the phone. That's why I was asking if it would be ok to label the re-map as a 'Computer Chip' like they do in their list of mods.

As for the G SRi-T's all having metallic paint regardless of the colour why do all insurance companies list it as a factory option if it's standard.... Should I tick the box? Makes no difference to the premium either way.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mania Click here to enlarge
    Be careful with JCI - they're great in that they'll insure anything, but check out the excess. If I were to insure with them I'd have over $9000 excess, whereas RAC is only $500 or so.
    $9,000! Click here to enlarge Fu*k, if I insure with just cars my excess will be $2,000 which is what most other insurance mobs will charge me anyway.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Z20LET Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for that Wraith. With just cars, if you insure online the premium is cheaper then over the phone. That's why I was asking if it would be ok to label the re-map as a 'Computer Chip' like they do in their list of mods.

As for the G SRi-T's all having metallic paint regardless of the colour why do all insurance companies list it as a factory option if it's standard.... Should I tick the box? Makes no difference to the premium either way.
    you should call them and find out...ask questions on the phone then apply online

+1 for everyone who has said leave things undeclared at your own peril Click here to enlarge you may as well not buy insurance at all!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Z20LET Click here to enlarge
    $9,000! Click here to enlarge Fu*k, if I insure with just cars my excess will be $2,000 which is what most other insurance mobs will charge me anyway.
    I'm going to have to retract that - when I first got the car I checked them as an insurance provider, and it had $8000 vehicle excess (I'd triple checked too) on the astra-turbos. Along with $450 normal excess, $600 age excess makes $9000 odd. Must have been a default excess in the system or something that had gone unchecked though, because now there appears to be a $0 vehicle excess on them. Or they've since changed all their quoting system...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since reading this thread, i got thinking. What the hell ill ring up AAMI and let them know the mods ive done to my car. Call them up and list off the things ive done.

Front Mount Intercooler
    Custom Air intake (with pod filter)
    3" dump pipe (decat pipe)
    Angel Eye headlights
    18" Wheels
    Re-map

Now having in mind i was 18yo when i got my Astra TS SRi-T. I called around a few places and did the online quote's. Most company's wouldnt cover me because i owner a turbo car and under 25 or others wanted $2000+ highest was RACQ $3500. Now the astra was stock as a rock when i got it. I called AAMI they were very easy to talk to no waiting ques and you talk to people not computers. Tell them everything about me and the car they come back with sorry but the best we can do is $1450p/a. Im like thats a good price, she then goes on saying if you do the FREE driver training course we'll reduce your premium by $150p/a until your 25yo.

Now everyone goes on about mods, young people and turbo cars. So i didnt want to really tell them about the mods id done, i didnt want to premium to go through the roof.

But today i called them and listed off the above list, Ron was very helpful and all went smoothly, he added all the mods and accessories to my policy. Now i thought this i gonna cost me a heap more. I asked Ron so whats the damage p/a now, his reply was 'Chris your premium will not change'. Yes you hear correct will not change Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Remember im now 19yo's. So if youre worrying about calling your insurance company about new mods or mods youve done, just do it.

sorry about the epic post Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by chrissn89; 25th June 2009 at 04:40 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information