Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Selling ethics

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Diesel145 Click here to enlarge
    Ethics don't really come into selling too much these days, most people are just out for as much money as they can get. She had an offer from person A, (you) and then a better offer from person B (them)....i'm sure she prob doesn't care who gets them as long as she gets the money, but you can't help but feel a bit ripped off....
    + 1

Be honest all - who on here would not have done the same ??? ie: take the best offer Click here to enlarge

We're talking about selling something to total strangers - best offer/highest amount always wins, everybody would do the same !!!

If it were to someone you know or a fellow forum member, then yes a decent person would apply some manner of ethics...my 2 cents...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    It's called gazumping

Now, be honest. If you made a verbal agreement over the phone to sell your car for 20K then someone came along and offered 25K what would you do... honestly.
    Again - totally agree...

It's not nice being on the recieving end of this sort of thing, BUT we'd all do it unless it's concerning someone you know more personally than a total stranger !!!
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would sell to whoever offered a substantial amount more..

ie.. agree to sell to person A for 20k, then person B comes along, offeres $21k, i'd sell to person B..

if it were only $15 dollars more? nah, i'd keep it with person i agreed to sell to first..

end of the day, im not in the business of sales.. this is my stuff i wanna get rid of, i dont care if you miss out on an agreed price just because someone offered me more.. im taking as much for ir as i can get.. simple..
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information