Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what sort of prices do the prestige euro dealers charge for a service?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Most are going around the $180-$200 an hour just for labour, not including parts...
    BroTek Performance Pty Ltd

Current:
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo & 2004 Barina SXi
    Ex's: 2001 Astra CD & 2001 Astra SRi 2.2, plus a long list of non Opels...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xplosv57 Click here to enlarge
    Most are going around the $180-$200 an hour just for labour, not including parts...
    Click here to enlarge... ouch!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL thought it was common knowledge that the more expensive car brands will also charge more or a premium on anything to do with their cars thereafter as well !!!

It's simple, they figure people who can afford to spend 2 or 3 or more times as much for their car, will also be able to, or won't mind spending 2 or 3 times or more as much for servicing/spares etc. etc.

A very typical example also is merchandising, look at the cost of the 'regular' car brand items and then compare them to merchandising with brands like BMW, Merc or Porsche and then compare those to merchandising items with Lambo or Ferrari...you'll get exactly the same watches, keyrings, jackets etc. which will cost totally different amounts depending on the car make or brand sported on them...

I met a guy who purchased a BMW X5 after years of saving up to buy something he really wanted, only to sell it after a short while because he says he couldn't keep up with all the associated costs, can't remember which service it was, but it couldn't of been more than the 2nd or 3rd as he didn't own it that long, but he reckons BMW wanted 2k for it Click here to enlarge

I did ask why he didn't take it elsewhere, but he was one of those people who dosn't bother with that sort of thing, as do alot of people out there, this is where the car manufacturers profit most...

On the flip side, I have heard of Hyundai charging high costs for servicing of their cars, maybe to make up for the cheap purchase prices ??? someone with a Hyundai might be able to shed light on that one...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Lucky_Astra06 Click here to enlarge
    i thought all new AH astras came with a 3 yr /60k free servicing from dealers...
    I just got my last free service done 2 weeks ago

Nope I bought my H when TS where on run out...wasn't offered to me...my first mistake was taking it to holden for the 10,000k service...told them don't touch the oil i've already done it...just check it please...what do they do change the oil put there shit stuff in the car...charge me $300+ for the service...
    I tell them i'm paying for everything bar the oil as i told you not to change they said they wouldn't give my car back without paying for the full service.
    I paid took it home dropped the oil and put full synth back in have never gone back since.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rocco. dealer has no right to keep your car, even if you dont pay.
    all you have to do is call the cops and tell them they have stolen your vehicle.
    if they want to get the money off you, theyll have to take you to dep of fair trading.
    Make me a sandwich.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dep of fair trading is for when consumers are complaining about a business
    not business complaining about a consumer.

OpelAus Enthusiast Keep'emRunning's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ..amazing why none of us have set up a w/end astra servicing business and retired to the gold coast...

I was recently told a story about VW charging $20p/h more for labour than 12 mths ago, the reason given was the economic downturn.. wth!?

If you pay by credit card and are unhappy with the service, just put a dispute or halt on the transaction -after- you've picked up the car.

In fact most mechs who knowingly rip you off will suddenly find a little morality when you do this Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Simple remedy for all these servicing cost debacles, especially for us car enthusiasts who will go out of our way more than the non car interested folk out there, is to shop around and find a reputable mechanic/service shop that'll look after your best interests and take your car to them instead !

Warranty remains intact if the car is new or still under the factory warranty term and cost wise, you won't be pulling your hair out on being ripped...

I'm sure all concerned can find or be steered in the right direction to a mechanic or workshop of an accepted nature in this regard... Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dep of fair trading isnt for complaing, its about recouping costs for services rendered or lost. there are plenty of cases where the business would take a customer to dep of fair trading as a start to recoup money from them.
    Make me a sandwich.

Thread Information