Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Now you've really confused me Click here to enlarge LOL

Again I would question why one would want to go about it that way ??? :rollyeys1:

Cheapest/easiest method would be to get the guards pumped or lipped, which would be a limited amount, before they begin looking odd !

Changing the guards or having them professionally enlarged can get very expensive and you need to re-spray the operated area - very labourious/expensive way to go about getting a set of inappropriate 18" wheels to fit your car !!!

Don't forget about re-sale here also, you cut your chances of selling a car modded in that way...

As always though each to his own, if one wants to do that, their choice I suppose Click here to enlarge

lol I was being faceatious - showing him the hard way to do it if he really wanted to put those wheels on his car.
    '91Alfa Romeo 164Q
    '02 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 ~ '98 BMW 740il ~ '02 Saab 9-5 aero ~ '99 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible ~'00 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 ~ '97 Volvo S40 T4 ~ '94 Saab 900s 2.5 ~ '98 Opel Vectra 2.0

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^^ That's fair enough, always a good thing to hear peoples views from all angles - it's a good thing and very good food for thought Click here to enlarge

Hopefully all our suggestions and info have helped vauxhall Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx all for all your advice. If they dont fit im not going to try make them fit. Its a damn shame to get offered an immaculate set of 18" rims for "FREE" only to find out that they will not fit on your car. Sods law i guess.

wheres the best value for money to get rims from?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vauxhall Click here to enlarge
    Thanx all for all your advice. If they dont fit im not going to try make them fit. Its a damn shame to get offered an immaculate set of 18" rims for "FREE" only to find out that they will not fit on your car. Sods law i guess.

wheres the best value for money to get rims from?
    That's a difficult question to answer precisely vauxhall, basically you have to shop around, most large wheel outlets will do you a great deal these days on a complete set of 18" wheels, ie: rims, tyres, re-drilling and fitting...pricing will be 'around' $1200-$1900 'on average' depending on the wheel and tyre brands you select.

You could also try ebay and the classifieds, sometimes you'll get lucky, but it's difficult to find a set of wheels that'll fit a TS Astra properly, so my advice would be stick to the larger wheel outlets and get em new and properly fitting...TTF stores here in Melb. are very good with pricing and so to are Tempe in Sydney - I've purchased a set of 20" wheels from Tempe in 2006 and including the shipping, they were cheaper than the cheapest I could source them from here in Melb.

As for rims themselves, have a look at the 'Advanti' catalogues, you'll find several nice styles there in 18" that'll have the right offset and with for your Astra and come in PCD of 114.3 which can be re-drilled to suit, as already mentioned - good luck with it all Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And feel free to donate your Monaro wheels to me, since you can't use them and all......
    BroTek Performance Pty Ltd

Current:
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo & 2004 Barina SXi
    Ex's: 2001 Astra CD & 2001 Astra SRi 2.2, plus a long list of non Opels...

Thread Information