Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JohnBu Click here to enlarge
    Many years ago, I put a deposit down on a $45,000 car that was equal to my gross annual income (it didn't pass the pre-purchase inspection).

these days, I couldn't justify paying more than a third of annual income on a car....

i guess i'm alittle wiser these days...

i hope they make this car alittle smaller than the 350z as reported by some mags

a smaller, more nimble car would be great, now they have the GTR as the daddy of the nissan sports car range.

a bit smaller & lighter = more performance & agility with better fuel consumption, but its a big deal when car manufacturers release new models that are equal to the weight of the superseded model, i guess thats the price we pay for NHV & Safety.
    I hear you John, in my case I don't know if it's a case of being a little wiser but just a change in attitude and realising just how much a waste of money cars really are, that's why these days, I'm more concerned with value for money, rather than brand etc. still if your an enthusiast, it's hard to step right away from it all...

What you've stated above for the 370Z is exactly what I've read they're doing, only I don't think it'll be a dimensionally smaller car, it might even be a little larger, but it'll weigh less, that's the main thing Click here to enlarge

Fuel comparison wise I suppose you can make a good comparison now, if your able to get info on the Infiniti Skylines fuel economy and compare those to the current 350Z, the Skylines consumption would be different with the same engine (the new 3.7ltr.) but should give a good idea...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I, personally, can't wait for the new Silvia...all these skylines and Z's are not my thing as much as the Silvia. Click here to enlarge

Disclaimer: except the R32 GTR...of course Click here to enlarge
    You got romance. You got the boots. So, I just gotta ask. Can I get in your pants?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge
    I, personally, can't wait for the new Silvia...all these skylines and Z's are not my thing as much as the Silvia. Click here to enlarge

Disclaimer: except the R32 GTR...of course Click here to enlarge
    I like the S15 and the missus has an S13, they are a handling sensation, the 13 that is, can't say from personal experience with the S15 but from what I've seen, they're pretty good too and can be tuned to become little monsters Click here to enlarge

Pics I've seen of the new Silvia (SX 200 here) look pretty good, Nissan have said that they want to market this car everywhere just like the GTR, so you might get your chance BW Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly right Click here to enlarge

One thing why I always liked the Silvias is the agility and handling that comes as a consequence of the lightweight. Click here to enlarge

I almost bought a 2002 spec-r import model when I was looking for my car. It was in mint condition at a damaged cars auction. All it needed was a new door and front bumper. It had 30,000kms on it and was certified.

Reason I didn't buy it is that insurance would have been too much and yeah didn't have my finances sorted out at the time. It sold for $17000 though...bargain!
    You got romance. You got the boots. So, I just gotta ask. Can I get in your pants?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some more pics currently circulating the net...

I doubt this yellow one is accurate, it's the current car with slight differences, side mirrors are very nice Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

This concept pics direction is probably more accurate of what we can expect..
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    not a fan...looks a fair bit worse than the 350z IMHOClick here to enlarge
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks like a facelift...for the worse!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge
    That looks like a facelift...for the worse!
    Yeh, the yellow one is too much of a silly chop job and they've even thrown in the GTR's door handles LOL.......but you never know, it could be released with those...

Concept pic is similar to Mats posted pic, but has more sculpting going on...
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the spy pics I have seen show it with the current style door handles and a coke bottle kick in the side window profile.

It will be shorter (length and wheelbase) than the current 350Z and will be lighter.

Thread Information