Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Diesel145 Click here to enlarge
    you'll have to come for a spin next time we catch up Ange, the greenbox makes a world of difference...see if i can't convert you...even a little Click here to enlarge
    Thanks D145, the one I test drove was a manual and stock standard Click here to enlarge

However, I havn't experienced a re-mapped or 'green boxed' example, so your offer is welcome Click here to enlarge

Truth is, I would very much like to have a turbo diesel as an everyday ride, just waiting for them to improve in technology to the point where the stroke cycle is capable of supporting higher revs and therefore more kw, that'll make them truly awesome Click here to enlarge

Only downer is the price of diesel seems to be on the up and up, hopefully it won't get to the point where it takes away the efficiency and fuel cost savings of it all...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diesels and petrols are for different people.

Diesel accelerates you with relentless effort at all revs. It's not as exciting as petrol.

Petrol is all show, diesel is all go. Simple as that. Click here to enlarge

And the entire point of a diesel is small displacement moving big cars. You won't find a petrol engine that can do that yet maintain same levels of efficiency, I guarantee you.
    You got romance. You got the boots. So, I just gotta ask. Can I get in your pants?

Thread Information