Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thinking of changing

Guys I got a black CDX MY07 Coupe and I'm thinking of selling it and changing over to a CDTi Manual. The main reason for this being that I want more power and I want a Manual; I'm sick and tired of Auto.

My car has about 16000km on the clock and I have owned it since december last year, so nearly a year. I was thinking that I could sell it for around $23k privately. I can get the CDTi with the SRi 18" alloys for ~$24k through my old man.

Any thoughts? Any advice? Much appreciated guys.

note: let's not turn this into a diesel thread Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge
    Guys I got a black CDX MY07 Coupe and I'm thinking of selling it and changing over to a CDTi Manual. The main reason for this being that I want more power and I want a Manual; I'm sick and tired of Auto.

My car has about 16000km on the clock and I have owned it since december last year, so nearly a year. I was thinking that I could sell it for around $23k privately. I can get the CDTi with the SRi 18" alloys for ~$24k through my old man.

Any thoughts? Any advice? Much appreciated guys.

note: let's not turn this into a diesel thread Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    What sort of advice are you looking for?

The CDTi is a great car in town or on the country roads. The torque makes it effortless to drive. It eats hills....in 6th with 4 passengers on board and the air-con on. And it can give you a serious enough shove in the back that you need to treat the throttle with some respect.

I average 6.3 l / 100 km around town...while having fun.

The down-side is that it's a bit of a chore in stop-start peak-hour traffic where the noise/vibration relative to a petrol is noticable and you can't use the grunt.

My next car will be a diesel, I am addicted to the lazy torque.

digifish
    Petrol is for the weak
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the kind of things I'm after. For example, I really enjoy the seats in the CDX and I know that I will be disappointed with the seats in the CDTi but I reckon I can live with it because the 1.8 really does lack power.

Has anyone had similar things in mind like me; changing to the CDTi? Only argument I can think of not to change is the equipment level but hell it's not gonna kill me. Also, I love my 2 door looks but I think the 18"s could help in that department.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the kind of things I'm after. For example, I really enjoy the seats in the CDX and I know that I will be disappointed with the seats in the CDTi but I reckon I can live with it because the 1.8 really does lack power.

Has anyone had similar things in mind like me; changing to the CDTi? Only argument I can think of not to change is the equipment level but hell it's not gonna kill me. Also, I love my 2 door looks but I think the 18"s could help in that department.
    If the CDTi came in a coupe and had leather I'd be in heaven....the main difference between the CDX and CDTi in terms of equipment AFAIKS is the lack of leather and slighly different seats?

BTW: This thread has a lot of CDTi discussion...(last page in particular).

http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthr...ight=CDTi+year

digifish
    Petrol is for the weak
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You reckon I could get $23k for a MY07 with 16000km on the clock?

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There's no point in me restating what has already said, but, as further reassurance, i can guarantee you would not be dissappointed in the change, and if you feel that you're not fully happy, there's so many options....green box/CRD2...simota carbon induction....and that's only scratching the surface.
    All this fun and for only just above 6l/100km....where else can you get that?
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I know that's why I wanna change Click here to enlarge Alright now to squeeze some more goodies from Holden...will report back on what's been decided. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah I know that's why I wanna change Click here to enlarge Alright now to squeeze some more goodies from Holden...will report back on what's been decided. Click here to enlarge
    Ahahahaa....yet another member to the oily crew......good luck with the haggling Click here to enlarge
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Petrol is for the weak
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep....dieselhead
    http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14667
    there's another one there of his daily drive too.
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information