Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? I remember when it was just announced on worldcarfans they said it was diesel....bugger that's not bad ey using petrol hmm

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prior to my 04 SRi turbo, I had a 2.2 litre SRi. The power difference is VERY noticable, (even if you do have the 2.2lit. "sports mode" on).
    An extra 30 plus kws (depending on mods) does put you back in your seat when you plant it).
    Opel cars n' Fender guitars

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by coyotte Click here to enlarge
    Prior to my 04 SRi turbo, I had a 2.2 litre SRi. The power difference is VERY noticable, (even if you do have the 2.2lit. "sports mode" on).
    An extra 30 plus kws (depending on mods) does put you back in your seat when you plant it).
    I take it your 2.2 SRi is the old model, not the current AH model? The direct injection 2.2 has more low-down torque than the previous incarnation of the engine, although it is not a particularly sporty engine. Hotter than a 1.8 and very good with an automatic, but not meant to be a competitor with the turbo.

Indeed, I suspect the current 2.2 Astra models (which are exclusive to Australia) evolved out of the need for a hotter automatic.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bah. all this bitching about power. I'll trade my Barina for one of your Turbo's anyday, THEN let me hear complain about lack of power.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cbrmale Click here to enlarge
    I take it your 2.2 SRi is the old model, not the current AH model? The direct injection 2.2 has more low-down torque than the previous incarnation of the engine, although it is not a particularly sporty engine. Hotter than a 1.8 and very good with an automatic, but not meant to be a competitor with the turbo.

Indeed, I suspect the current 2.2 Astra models (which are exclusive to Australia) evolved out of the need for a hotter automatic.
    hate to brake it to ya but theres not much difference between a 2.2 to a 1.8ltrClick here to enlarge

but a massive difference for both to the turbo, even if the turbo is stock
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hott_For_You Click here to enlarge
    hate to brake it to ya but theres not much difference between a 2.2 to a 1.8ltrClick here to enlarge

Have to agree with Gav - on many a cruise I've been on, there has not been much between (and I'm talking Astra G here) a N/A SRi and a 1.8.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well the extra 400ccm are only good for a bit of extra 'smoothness'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Hott_For_You Click here to enlarge

the turbo's extra torque and linear power delivery play a major role hereClick here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    Have to agree with Gav - on many a cruise I've been on, there has not been much between (and I'm talking Astra G here) a N/A SRi and a 1.8.
    Well, the current 2.2 is significantly different to the older version of the engine: the direct high-pressure (120bar) fuel injection allows a 12:1 compression ratio for a start. 120bar is about 1,700psi.

The AH 2.2 will do 0-100 in the mid eights, which is not particularly sporty but still hotter than a 1.8. The 2.2's big thing is torque, and lots of it. The new 2.2 puts out more torque (180nm) at 1,500 rpm than the 1.8 does at its torque peak of 3,800! This is why the 2.2 works so well with an automatic.

And the torque keeps on building from there, which makes the 2.2 great for flattening hills and for overtaking multiple cars and trucks (which is what I wanted). And it goes without saying that the 2.2 is good around town too.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cbrmale Click here to enlarge
    And the torque keeps on building from there, which makes the 2.2 great for flattening hills and for overtaking multiple cars and trucks (which is what I wanted). And it goes without saying that the 2.2 is good around town too.
    :clap: :clap: i agree Click here to enlarge
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Thread Information