Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SRi Advice

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Huhness Click here to enlarge
    Great! Good to see you didn't have too much trouble getting them to own up to it! Now to see what they say when you take it in. Click here to enlarge

Well the guy sounded pretty sure it is covered by "holden warranty", and theres little if any damage (hardly drove since the noise) so heres hopping all goes well.
    2002 Astra SRi 2.2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update

Hello all - quick update:

Well as mentioned, my car was out of its warranty period. Holden have decided to cover the cost of the parts for the car (about $480.00 inc. both chains & new lube nozzle thingy) but they are charging me the labor of $470.00. I am quite happy with this outcome, and consider myself lucky no damage was done.

I also want to extend thanks to the forum and its members for being helpful - dont know what i would have done otherwise!!!

So now, i can begin modifying my car. Its shocks and an exhaust system first!

Ben
    2002 Astra SRi 2.2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pfft .. start with the intake system. De-restrict the airbox, change the intake pipe and fit a high-flow filter (K&N) - otherwise the exhaust system won't benefit as much. For exhausts, I recommend Best Mufflers in Carlton - Chris just did mine and did a top job.
    '02 Astra 2.2 SRi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see the outcome suited you!

We 2.2 SRi guys should have a drive sometime! I need to see some others to get some ideas on what to get done! Click here to enlarge
    EO XR5T - Dark Side...

ilya

Unhappy

hello all

got the same problem

gave the bulletin number to the service dept. they acknowledged it, but said something like that 'it's just an advice to the technicians to know what the updated part numbers were' Click here to enlarge the price he quoted for the service was around $1400 Click here to enlarge the car itself is out of factory warranty, but still has dealership (useless) warranty (the one with $1000 cap on repairs). regularly serviced by holden and done under 75000km.

where to from here? should i try another dealer/service dept? (which one did you go to, benny?)

any help is GREATLY appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ilya Click here to enlarge
    hello all

got the same problem

gave the bulletin number to the service dept. they acknowledged it, but said something like that 'it's just an advice to the technicians to know what the updated part numbers were' Click here to enlarge the price he quoted for the service was around $1400 Click here to enlarge the car itself is out of factory warranty, but still has dealership (useless) warranty (the one with $1000 cap on repairs). regularly serviced by holden and done under 75000km.

where to from here? should i try another dealer/service dept? (which one did you go to, benny?)

any help is GREATLY appreciated
    The bulletin number is as good as a recall number - I had the same problem - the fools at the service dept simply act dumb and deny everything. if you read the notice you will see the cut-off date is December this year so they have to do something! Its all about being tactful.

Stuff I Found Helpful

Shop around:
    Call up a few dealerships and repairers like ultratune, don't rely on just one. I contacted about 3 dealers and 4 repairers and the third dealer (Manly Vale) was the most helpful - don't expect too much though.

Act Dumb, Like They Do
    I found that acting a little clueless was helpful, because your not letting them know how much you know. Just be pleasant with them, and dont force your opinions onto them, and you may find that they begin giving you information.

Just say to them, "i heard a noise coming from the engine and i want it checked-out".
    Then say, "a friend gave me this recall bulletin - do you think this could be the problem?".

They will likely check to see the problem and then call you about it. Ask them how much and write it down.

I know this sounds a little cunning, but this is what it takes to get Holden to cough-up as they should (its a matter of principle, darn it!). They play hard ball - we will too.

And dont worry, my car had done 120,000km and they still fixed it for $470.00 labor. i wouldn't be surprised if you got it done for free.

Also, dont drive your car - this is a serious problem that can easily become worse. Get it towed.

Anyway, hope this helps - let us know how you get on.

Ben
    Last edited by Benny_SRi; 21st May 2007 at 04:57 PM.
    2002 Astra SRi 2.2

Thread Information