Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Don't Speed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    What makes you think they don't work? Smoking rates are at an all time low.

Cultures are changeing at younger ages due to the fact that knowlage is becoming taught rather then scare tactics, I haven't seen anything to say smoking rates are at an all time low however i beleive it is very likley as smoking rates have been dropping so the fact that they are low dosen't indicate that something new is working it indicates the following of a trend. Most people i know that smoke ignore the labels and warnings the only things that ever get to anyone is when the negative effects personally affect them i.e loss of fitness and they prefer playing sport over smoking.

I would also like to see some one in this country recognise the dangers of driving too slow. In that first ad where the person overtakes over broken lines and has the crash all that bad stuff could happen just as easily if the person in front was doing 40 and the car over took them at 60 ( and say the road is a 60 zone) And bam lots of people are injured and no one broke the law yet it would of been avoided if the person in front stuck to 60 in a 60 zone.
    I'm agree doing 100 in a suburban street is dangerous i would just like to see everyone get off this subject of high speed = death.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blueraven Click here to enlarge
    Time and place.

Those times are few, as are the places, which i think is what alot of people forget.
    True true…:think:

Im sure the stunt team responsible for the car flip in the first link worked on the latest bond film!Click here to enlarge
    Megane RS 250 Trophee
    Megane RS F1.R

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jsantos Click here to enlarge
    Cultures are changeing at younger ages due to the fact that knowlage is becoming taught rather then scare tactics, I.
    And why would that be? Government advertising on health issues is there to give the general public knowledge. It has done this with the HIV/AIDS,smoking, vaccination etc etc. Without it there is no doubt that deaths due to these causes would be higher.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jsantos Click here to enlarge
    In that first ad where the person overtakes over broken lines and has the crash all that bad stuff could happen just as easily if the person in front was doing 40 and the car over took them at 60 ( and say the road is a 60 zone) And bam lots of people are injured and no one broke the law yet it would of been avoided if the person in front stuck to 60 in a 60 zone.
    Or.. the person could have just waited. Risk perception is the most valuable skill available to a driver. One that is undeveloped in younger drivers. Your statement moves the blame onto the innocent driver and mitigates the risky driving behaviour of the driver who has the accident!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the top brass in the UK police has just been heavily critised for using a picture of a decapitated biker as a 'hard hitting' SLOW DOWN campaign - the biggest issue, wasnt the fact that he used such a graphic shot........It was that he DIDNT seek consent from the dead bikers family to use the picture !!!!!!!!!

but yes, he still has his job !!!!!!!
    Your stupidity may be your one saving grace

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They got pulled from google for breach of copyright Click here to enlarge

Youd think that if people were watching it, they'd leave it. But then they are not making money from it.

What a weird world we live in.
    Click here to enlarge
    "At the moment you have the answer to fuel consumption by looking at diesel, but governments then charge extra taxes on it so they make that option really unavailable to the public because they chose to put a levy on the fuel." - Tom Walkinshaw (HSV)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    And why would that be? Government advertising on health issues is there to give the general public knowledge. It has done this with the HIV/AIDS,smoking, vaccination etc etc. Without it there is no doubt that deaths due to these causes would be higher.

Yes as you said knowledge has been passed and people have made choices. This is differnt too scare tactics used and ads ignored. I.E 4 years of P.E class's telling us actually what happens vs a F'ked up lung on our tvs whilst eating dinner. I am not against informative ads i just don't like ones that to give you the information in suppository form.

Or.. the person could have just waited. Risk perception is the most valuable skill available to a driver. One that is undeveloped in younger drivers. Your statement moves the blame onto the innocent driver and mitigates the risky driving behaviour of the driver who has the accident!

Yes you are right that is true, However that theory ignores the fact that people are irrational highly emotional beings. The driver going to slow isn't innocent they are a road hazzard that needs to be removed just as badly as someone driving to fast. Laws need to address all points not just the easy ones.

My statement by the way was using a hypothetical where the person who crashed, I.e the over taking car over took legally at the right speed and the same even could still occur. And if the "overtakee" was driving responsibly at the speed limit the other party wouldn't of needed to overtake them.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pred8r Click here to enlarge
    They got pulled from google for breach of copyright Click here to enlarge

Youd think that if people were watching it, they'd leave it. But then they are not making money from it.

What a weird world we live in.
    Goes to show what is REALLY important... not saving lives, making money.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Thread Information