Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Checking out VXR's

Hi all, as you all know, there are now quite a number of VXR's in Holden dealerships.

This is the second I've checked out up close and personal Click here to enlarge

A beautiful red example, first was a black - at the same dealership, Booran in Dandenong, very much prefer the red duco.

Now all I am waiting for is the twin top to land and get the missus to decide if that's what she wants - if so, I'm gonna pursuade her to wait and grab a turbo variant Click here to enlarge

Also checked out an AH 1.9 TDi, very strange standing next to an idling small car that sounds exactly like a truck Click here to enlarge very weird indeed, might take some getting used to Click here to enlarge

Anyways here's some pics - enjoy Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant Poogene2001's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not a huge fan of the Vauxhall left over V grille.
    They could have tried something unique for the "HSV" badged VXR's here.
    They spent countless millions to move the HSV tail lights on the new VE's but couldnt invest a few bux into a unique grille to stand out from the rest of the world.
    Still a desirable vehicle though!Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the red just doesnt do it for me.... black as per rudie's beast or that sweet looking blue... theyre the colours to have in my opinion!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Pics. The grille looks a bit plastic and cheap. I also think I prefer the OPC blue Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Also checked out an AH 1.9 TDi, very strange standing next to an idling small car that sounds exactly like a truck Click here to enlarge very weird indeed, might take some getting used to Click here to enlarge
    You get used to it the first time you put your foot down Click here to enlarge then all is forgiven...

digifish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wat was the options list like? if any?

i pretty disappointed with the limited choices that HSV is offering on the VXR
    SOLD!! Soon to be Skoda Octavia vRS!
    Rieger Tuning Bodykit; Whiteline Rear Sway Bar; Whiteline Front Brace-Strut; Bilstein Heavyduty Strut Mounts; Koni Sports Shocks; Sports Ryder Performance Springs; DEPO Angel Eyes 5000k Xenons[/B]; Kamei Mesh Sports Grille; Hurricane Muffler; Hella FF50 Foglights; INXX Bonnet Lifters; 17x7.5" StarCorp Gunmetal 6;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JR Click here to enlarge

id say the options would be same as usual...

never been a fan of the options list...

who really needs a boot lip protector thing and head light covers and rain sheild thingies apart from the people who travel the highways alot
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i want a bonet protector for the next car.

also i have the VXR screensaver atm and i musu say i want one the blue look
    ace but i coundn't get plates in the colour
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JR Click here to enlarge

Well, now that you ask JR, I was a little dissapointed in that part of it and the car itself 'has not' made me flip over backwards like I thought it would sadly Click here to enlarge

Firstly I don't like the half hearted effort by HSV with the badging, it makes the car look like a bit of joke and an obvious rush job, ie: having both Opel and HSV logos - truly ridiculous.......

Not impressed with the mph domonant speedo either, hopefully future batches get a km/h dominant display.

Then there's the 'blue only' brake calipers, they look good, but don't match all exterior colour choices, red like all other HSV's would have been a much better overall choice IMHO, I think it will be that way on future batches.

The part I really liked though are the gorgeous Recaro seats fitted up front and of course it is O/A a very good looking car.

I know that what I've mentioned above may be only small aesthetic concerns, but they are asking nearly 50k for this thing, so I'd expect to recieve a little more attention to detail !

I only briefly discussed the options list, as the driveaway price was already close to 50k, with additions I'd want, it would easily go over 50k.....would not pay that much for a small hatch - twin top coupe/convertible, different story - just my opinion of course Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Wraith; 7th November 2006 at 06:28 PM.
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firstly I don't like the half hearted effort by HSV with the badging, it makes the car look like a bit of joke and an obvious rush job, ie: having both Opel and HSV logos - truly ridiculous.......Click here to enlarge
    dont forget the VXR logo aswell on the steering wheel right below the opel flash

Not impressed with the mph domonant speedo either, hopefully future batches get a km/h dominant display.Click here to enlarge
    mine has KM/H its the OPC dials

Then there's the 'blue only' brake calipers, they look good, but don't match all exterior colour choices, red like all other HSV's would have been a much better overall choice IMHO, I think it will be that way on future batches.Click here to enlarge
    they would look much better if they were color coded with each specific color of the purchased car

The part I really liked though are the gorgeous Recaro seats fitted up front and of course it is O/A a very good looking car.Click here to enlarge
    DITTO
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only briefly discussed the options list, as the driveaway price was already close to 50k, with additions I'd want, it would easily go over 50k.....would not pay that much for a small hatch - twin top coupe/convertible, different story - just my opinion of course Click here to enlarge
    Ouch. For not much more you can have a VW R32

http://www.volkswagen.com.au/golf/model_R32.asp
    http://editorial.carsales.com.au/car...w/1968806.aspx

or probably better a Golf Mk V GTI.

At 30-35K the Astra CDTi and SRi are a steal, at 40-50 I think better value is to be had elsewhere.

digifish.

Thread Information