Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easily Prevented, just fly down the M7 at whatever speed you would like to (200 plus watever), pull over in a truck stopping bay, and go for a smoke and think to yourself how fun that wasClick here to enlarge
    Bass On Wheels Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't they or aren't they going to implement something similar to this on the hume highway in victoria?? I remeber reading something like that on drive.com.au once.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think its something that they have always wanted to implement in most states... just a cost factor stopping them
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To do it they will need either number plate recognition software (which is in development) or a secondary Vehicle Indentification, such as a toll pass.

I recon live it up while our cars are controlled by the driver. In years to come I am sure that the vehicles speed will be governed by a GPS unit that will implement a speed cap on the vehicle.
    2003 Silver Astra SRi-T

• Electric Sunroof
    • 3" Dump, 2 1/2" Flex, Hi-Flow Cat & Exhaust
    • Custom Dyno Flash Tune (1 Bar)
    • Bailey Dump Valve

• 136.2 KW @ 5800 RPM
    • 278 NM @ 4100 RPM
    • 14.088 1/4 @ 99.88 MPH
    [CENTER]

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 180HOA
    They've been doing this for years with trucks in NSW with the Safe-T-Cam sites - I read somewhere about 6 months ago that they were planning to upgrade the system so it would monitor all vehicles, and were testing it then... I haven't heard anything since - but it sounds like this is something similar?
    The upgrade only involves a minor software change as all the hardware is in place for it to work. Whether the system bothers to read numberplates or not is based on the physical size of the vehicle travelling through it. All they have to do is make it read everything by changing one parameter. Very simple and the number plate recognition software has been in use for the truck monitoring stations for years. I had the opportunity to go and work on the installation of these sites around 7-8 years ago. Was a joint IBM/Telstra/RTA project.

As for the M7 i was spreading those rumours from before it opened. It got a few people thinking. They could do it easily if they wished to. Just because they haven't implemented it yet doesn't mean that they won't do it in the future. Laws may have to be rewritten to include this new method though.
    Corsa
    Astra Turbo
    Corsa Turbo

I'm new here, please be nice safetycar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In NSW they have to by law put up heaps of speed camera signs before the camera.the cameras will also only activate if you are doing plus 10 percent plus 3 kph from what i have been told. i have been past many at 10% and have never been booked.In Vic they dont need signs but in NSW they must put up signs. So in NSW if you are confused by the signs the chances are you will not be booked as the law allowes the law to work if you fight it, but if your in Victoria your screwed because you have Sadaam ruling your state.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The same sort of thing is done in Victoria on the Mornington Peninsula, but the Police Airwing enforce it. There's lines at various intervals on certain roads and the Airwing randomly pick out cars and see how long it takes them to go from point to point. We do have warning signs though, 'Aerial Speed Detection'. But you'd have to be pretty unlucky to be the one picked out! haha

Thread Information