Hi all,

New to OpelAus and Opels.
Based in Adelaide, just bought a used 2008 Astra(H) HSV VXR coupla weeks ago and utterly addicted to it.
This is my new daily driver after stepping out of a '98 Honda Civic, and I gotta say the boost is bloody intoxicating!

Other cars in the stable:
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe - family car
1976 Chev Corvette - fun cruiser

Usually do most car servicing and repairs myself except for any major rebuilds so big learning curve ahead with this beast.

Haven't really done a lot to the car, put on a new set of tyres (Michelin Pilot Super Sports).

Car was surprisingly designed with no engine temp. gauge except hidden away in the dash display's test menus.
Those elusive menus only accessible from the old radio head unit but that's since been upgraded by a previous owner.
Worked around by getting one of those ODB2 bluetooth adapters from Jaycar and use the Torque Android app. to connect to it - very good realtime info + extra telemetry.

Started losing boost few days ago and leaking oil from top of exhaust manifold.
While cleaning up oil splatter, found manifold bolts to be only finger tight.
Tightened up and got my boost back but still seeping oil from manifold top right stud - turns out to be a fault from factory and manufacturer issued a bulletin requiring block studs be re-torqued with thread sealant.

That's about it so far.
I'm active on a few generic car cruise get togethers around Adelaide so hopefully see some of you guys around either here or out on the road.

Cheers! Click here to enlarge
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!