Hey guys,

So I've got my flange to start building my 3" exhaust. I plan on having the exhaust done in sections, so we can dB test at each point to bring it just under the legal noise margin using as few resi's as possible.

Cats on another hand, I've heard people talk about different cell counts, hi flow, sports all this different stuff. Near as I can figure it all means about the same thing, but could someone please give me a bit more definition on these?

I've seen things like the 100 cell flows a bit higher, but could cause boost creep (I find this unlikely) and have a shorter lifespan. Also seen that they may not be legal, however I fail to see how a cop would be able to distinguish 100 from 200 when looking under the car unless it's blatently embossed in the metal (again doubtful) and even then the cops could never tell the straight through pipe with an empty cat housing welded around it on my N13 turbo.
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!