Hey all,

I just thought I might share my recent....experience with a particular UK based website that sell aftermarket accessories for all makes and models of cars.

I found a pretty cool fibreglass front bumper for my Opel Astra and decided to buy it from them......and that, my friends, is where the trouble started.

Google checkout is a pain in the ass. it's not the most user friendly program to be using. Paypal would have been much simpler. I bought the item on 3 March with confirmation that the item would take 7-9 working days to be shipped from the UK to the Sunshine Coast in QLD. What the UK based website failed to mention is that they didn't have any of the bumpers in stock and two weeks later I received a barely decipherable email from Google Checkout informing me that the item had been marked as shipped.

I promptly informed my panel beaters of the imminent arrival of the item to which they asked if I could find out which courier company would be delivering the item. After emailing the UK based website, I recieved a reply email informing me that the item that was previously marked as shipped had not, in fact, been shipped at all and they were still waiting on stock to arrive. The item would now be shipped 1 week later than what I was told by the friendly well trained monkeys at Google Checkout. The new and improved shipment day was the same day my car was booked in for the fitting of the new bumper....cool huh? Not so.

I have finally received the front bumper, more than a month after the date of payment, being only slightly more than the 7-9 working days i was promised by the UK based website......and guess how it was posted?! Wrapped in brown paper with some cardboard taped around the ends. $75 p&h clearly doesn't get you much these days.

Here are the photos of how it arrived;

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!