something different to the wrx vs astra debate :shock: :shock:

[web:46a50cc612]http://www.ozmazdaclub.com/forums/printthread.php?t=1358[/web:46a50cc612]

some of the interesting quotes:

"the new astra actually looked pretty appealing in terms of appearances esp the SRi with that optional 18" alloys. Never driven a holden in my life cos i did not like the brand. I find holdens chunky, clunky and very ugly. and the small car category do not fare well either, compared with japanese or european in designs and performance." so holdens small cars ie astra barina :twisted: are not opel and opel is not european :bang:

"The only fast thing about the Astra is its depreciation value!!" Click here to enlarge :roll:

"Just last night I had a group of SRI's (?? They're the turbo ones right?) pull up beside me at the lights (well, I didn't know there were 3 at the time, it was night and I noticed one change lanes from behind to take up pos next to me - they must have been on a cruise). It was on Epping road at the lights just before the space station on the way to the city (ie just before the hill).

Now, I'm no expert, but I was still in front once we hit 80 and I eased off. Needless to say, I was quite happy. (Both were manuals, I could here the turbo on their gear changes).

Considering the 6 is a better configuration of the same engine, I would bet on the 6."

now confess who put us to shame or did the mazda 6 realise he was gonna loose and "eased off" :twisted:
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!