Hey guys,

So i bought a set of lock nuts after I got my burger wheels from Autobahn (only place i could find them locally for the H) for ~$30.

Seemed fine... no dramas... until i noticed (whilst cleaning the wheels) that they have hints of rust - that is, some specks. The nuts are coated in chrome.

being that they're lock nuts, I wasnt able to fit the original black caps onto them.

I don't know how sensitive they are to rust - whether its just a surface thing or if it will corrode in deeper so I'm not sure what to do.

The rust is sitting on the turn bits (the parts that go into the key) so I'm not too keen on having them go as... well I'll be in strife if i need to get them off... which I will eventually have to for what-ever-reason doing the rest of my ownership.

I've seen lock nuts from the UK going for $100+ so in a sense, you get what yo pay for?

Anyone else had a similar problem? My current plan might be to take them off and give them a light sand... or fork out money for new, better ones - if so, please forward any recommendations.

CheersClick here to enlarge
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!