i wasnt being brand loyal towards the golf yeah we all know that we own one, i was just stating someone else findings that had driven both is all, i too am from a ford family and the focus is in the right price range if i was looking for a new car also.

i wasnt comparing XR5 to a GTi he was i was just sharing his findings is all.

as for 48k yeah that is possible i guess we were lucky got ours cheap and no wait hehehe gotta love cancelled orders.

as for the XR5 being a qwiker car i dont know will have to wait and see about that, the guy that i was talking about said the DSG GTi seemed qwiker.

i think that the XR5 will give the VXR more of a run in sales wise as will the mazda compared to the golf as the ppl that buy the golf dont buy it for its performance which it has, they buy it for the build quality of a very well recgonised brand and they know they are getting a quality car, and the ppl that buy the XR5, VXR and the mazda are ppl as you say dont mind compromising on the litle things that make a quality car as they dont need them or want them so they dont want to pay the xtra price to have them if they dont want them.

all in all its totally up to the individuals choice and i dont want to turn this thread into another gti v vxr v everything else thread.

SSS_Hoon