OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Service Parts Cost

Do you guys know where to get cheap parts for servicing, i.e. getting parts at cost price or thereabouts?

Holden sells drain plug seals at $2.15 each, whereas they could easily include it in the price of an oil filter ($15.50).

Have those who done the 60,000km service changed their tensioner and engine toothed belt on the 1.8? Its a costly job and shouldn't need to be done so soon.

Also, whats the Roller RTN 52.5 (09240033) and Roller RETU (09128739), as required in the 120,000km service?

Thanks,
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Anonymous
    i get my oil filters for $5.oo i will find out about the 1.8 ones if i can get them cheap as well i will let you know can do a bulk buy save you guys some bucks

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did my 60,000K service 1 month ago and according to the book, the belts don't need changing till 120K... so it wasn't change. all the dealers I called for quotes assumed that it needed changing and asked me to refer to the "book" . Click here to enlarge it would've gocost $800 otherwise.

Thread Information