Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    even better then.... i would suggest as many people do that and lodge quarterly BAS statements coz the govt rips us off every minute of every day, mite as well get some back while u can and where u can

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys seem to forget, the gas sits on top of tho oil, so it comes out first.

Also and most importantly, whatever is taken out of the ground us usually done by a HUGE multinational corp. not 'Australia'. They paid to get it out, THEY own it.

I look at it like this, which is the way they would;
    If i have a puddle of water and 5 people dont. When i sell it to them, the MINIMUM price i sell it to ANYONE, is the MAXIMUM that ANY of those 5 will pay.
    e.g. A bucket of water to one guy for $5 all the others want to pay $3, BAD LUCK, pay $5 or dont get water.

Let alone if there is only 6 of us with 90% of the puddles, we'd get together call ourselves WPEC and communicate between ourselves to find out who was buying water from who, what price and the maximum we could get, therefore setting the minimum price across the board.

Another way to look at it - Why MUST I sell my water to you at $3 when I CAN get $5 for it elsewhere?

Nothing personal, Just business.
    Last edited by pred8r; 15th August 2006 at 08:59 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    "At the moment you have the answer to fuel consumption by looking at diesel, but governments then charge extra taxes on it so they make that option really unavailable to the public because they chose to put a levy on the fuel." - Tom Walkinshaw (HSV)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My opinion is....... GET A DIESEL!!!!

Petrol costs the same price yet you get double the amount of kms. There is no conversion cost and the LPG can't be too good for your car too.

+ Diesel has balls as many people don't know.

A mate bought the new VW Golf Mk5 and got the 1.9L Diesel. It rips my car off the line and hammers through 1st & 2nd gear but then the power starts to run out on 3rd. If the diesel in the astra was available to me when i bought my car, i wouldn't of hesitated to get it.

What does everyone thing of Diesel???

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont like the noise... haha

but no, apart from that I have always thought Diesel cars were good. My folks use to have a Turbo Diesel Landcruiser, it had some balls (ok it was a 6) but yeah.

Plus Diesel engines are longer lasting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Crispy Click here to enlarge
    I dont like the noise... haha

but no, apart from that I have always thought Diesel cars were good. My folks use to have a Turbo Diesel Landcruiser, it had some balls (ok it was a 6) but yeah.

Plus Diesel engines are longer lasting.
    Yes this is true, the only drawback i think that diesel has. But when in the vw golf, the only time you can hear the diesel is when the car is stationary, but then if you have the radio on at normal volume, you can't hear anything.

With the top of the range car makers, the diesel noise is quiet. The Merc CRD system is apparently the quietest diesel around which Jeep (now owns like 50% of Merc) uses in their diesels. And apparently the BMW is next in line for noise.

Otherwise i recomend that any of you go down to your local VW or Holden dealer and take a 1.9 diesel for a test drive and you'll be shocked!

So i don't see why the media are making this huge deal out of LPG where the prices will increase as mentioend in a previous post. Diesel is the way!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont understand why diesel is so exxy though, isnt it considered the "reject" fuel?

That's the whole reason my parents went diesel - because at the time (2000 - 2004) Diesel was cheaper then petrol.

I heard an Astra Diesel the other day - you could hear putting when it was still, but yeah otherwise goes ok. Could you put an exhaust on it? Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Crispy Click here to enlarge
    I dont understand why diesel is so exxy though, isnt it considered the "reject" fuel?

That's the whole reason my parents went diesel - because at the time (2000 - 2004) Diesel was cheaper then petrol.

I heard an Astra Diesel the other day - you could hear putting when it was still, but yeah otherwise goes ok. Could you put an exhaust on it? Click here to enlarge
    I don't see why not. Any experts on here?

I think it is possible. Its just a difference engine but the exhaust would be the same i gather.

http://www.autoanything.com/exhausts...0A50306A1.aspx

Anyone???

Oooo my mate wants to boost his turbo on his diesel too. Is this possible??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its not the companies that drill for the oil that bump up the prices and change the prices all the time, they sell it for a relatively constant price per barrel, its the refineries that bump up the price huge amounts, same deal as the way petrol and diesel change prices in relation to each other... if petrol goes up a certain amount diesel should go up the same, but it doesnt! once again refineries changing the price. the reason for this is when you take crude oil and refine it into its different parts, petroleum gas, petrol, kerosene, diesel, industrial fuel oil, lubricating oil, ummm asphalt, etc. you get a certain amount of each for the amount of crude oil, you dont sometimes get heaps of petrol and no diesel, and the costs of refining each fuel afterwards doesnt get more expensive, they're constantly improving the refining process making it cheaper.

its simply the fact of everyone needs fuels and oils, they refineries are the only ones to supply and can charge what they like, the perfect example when the cyclones hit up north, the fuel prices went up 20 cents overnight, the reason they said this was the impact caused by the cyclone, it has no affect what so ever on the fuel that we are currently using.

well i started watching futurama a while back got distracted, lost what i as saying so yea you get the idea lol
    Clint Ebbesen Photography www.clintebbesen.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol @ clint getting side tracked....

bio-diesel seems the way to go..

i remember seeing some dude on a current affairs program a little while ago, who has been making his own bio-diesel for some time.. works fine and costs him next to nothing to fill a tank..
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oneightoo Click here to enlarge
    lol @ clint getting side tracked....

bio-diesel seems the way to go..

i remember seeing some dude on a current affairs program a little while ago, who has been making his own bio-diesel for some time.. works fine and costs him next to nothing to fill a tank..

yea ive seen books or videos or something somewhere explaining exactly how to make your own bio diesel.

its not as good as regular diesel but hey it costs nothing so what do u expect?
    Clint Ebbesen Photography www.clintebbesen.com

Thread Information