Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$2000 goverment grant to convert car to LPG

http://au.news.yahoo.com/060803/2/100ce.html

+ they also mentioned another $1000 to WA moterists to convert
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Had this discussion at school today, this is dodgy b/c the tariffs for gas are about to be removed which means that tax will be increased and gas will become more expensive which will in turn take longer to recover money spent on gas conversion, if it can be recovered at all depending on how much gas is increased to!
    BroTek Performance Pty Ltd

Current:
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo & 2004 Barina SXi
    Ex's: 2001 Astra CD & 2001 Astra SRi 2.2, plus a long list of non Opels...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yerr i was aware the price of Gas is to go up when the tarrafs go but also wat ppl dont also rear is that u will not be able to get 91 ULP for 2 many more years, as that is all going to 95 as well.
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    but with the $3000 offered to WA drivers means the conversion is practicaly free

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good politics is all it is. Makes it look like they are doing something to combat the high price of oil, when they are going to actually be making money out of it.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The price of LPG WILL go up.....oh and wait.....dont we pay other taxes on it as well as GST (where the 10% comes from the retail end not the initial buy price) so WHEN it goes up they will make more money?

Of course.....now i get it, they are doing it because not only is it enviromentally cleaner than petrol, but they are relieving the pressure on the earths crust....by releasing the 'nasty' underlying gasses that cause earthquakes.

All this just to save our planet....O H M Y G O D ! ! !

How noble of Mr Howard to put forward a scheme that a very few others wont gain (MASSIVE PROFITS) from and will just assist all of humanity.

I'm welling up with tears so much I cant see the screen.Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    "At the moment you have the answer to fuel consumption by looking at diesel, but governments then charge extra taxes on it so they make that option really unavailable to the public because they chose to put a levy on the fuel." - Tom Walkinshaw (HSV)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think so. I think it's quite silly.

What's this tariff go away stuff? It's not going away, they plan to add to it.
    http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20105651-2,00.html
    It is also understood the Government is examining the impact of its excise equalisation program on current LPG savings. The program - which makes certain fuels such as LPG exempt from the 38.5 a litre excise on petrol -- is set to introduce a tax on these fuels from 2012 which would wind back the benefits to motorists.
    From that date, excise would be applied in yearly increments of 2.5 cents a litre until it reached a ceiling of 12.5 cents a litre in 2015.
    LPG prices are currently what, 50 - 65c/L, right - and that's with current demand. Now what's going to happen to the price when demand is stepped up and supply is limited? Uuuup she goes. Add to that inflation, and come 2015 I'm willing to bet it'll be the roughly the same price as petrol.

Now most petrol stations I visit only have one LPG bowser too, so they'll probably want to look at fitting some more of them to cover this new demand. But they're probably not going to want to eat into their profits, right? So where's that cost coming from? The pockets of LPG users, hence pushing the price up.

TBH a $2000 or $3000 rebate sounds good, but it'll be eaten away so quick.. I'd prefer to keep my bootspace.
    RANDOM VIN DIESEL FACT:Vin Diesel is bald because even his hair is afraid of him.

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am thinking LPG will go up to 80% the price of petrol......just like it was a few of years ago.
    It forced/made people upgrade to the little cars, ie the hyundai excel boom as their carbied LPG burners (early V? commodores and X? fords) were no longer economic to run.
    Click here to enlarge
    "At the moment you have the answer to fuel consumption by looking at diesel, but governments then charge extra taxes on it so they make that option really unavailable to the public because they chose to put a levy on the fuel." - Tom Walkinshaw (HSV)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alfonzo Click here to enlarge
    LPG prices are currently what, 50 - 65c/L, right - and that's with current demand.

Yep, taxi's and whats left of the 'old' cars, with the odd falcon thrown in for a mix.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EL BURITO Click here to enlarge
    but with the $3000 offered to WA drivers means the conversion is practicaly free
    You also saw the bit though where there is like a 6 month waiting list to get this conversion?

I really would rather they look more into Bio-Fuels. Or, simply cut the 50 cent tax off petrol. At least until a more reliable source of petrol is found, or something can be done about the high costs.

The CPI is not going anywhere near the lastest petrol prices and interest rate rises.

Therefore everyone is sinking further and further into debt - people are losing homes, cars - and in the end, it's a nasty nasty cycle.

It's funny how fuel prices have such a large impact on other purchases... even food.

I know I don't buy groceries anymore - what money I would allocate for that, now goes into fuel.

There is no need for LPG to be sitting at the price it is now... especially when we get our own supply from the Bass Strait.

Thread Information