Thread: My deleted post

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My deleted post

Dear Mods,
    I am a bit bewilded as to why my post of yesterday was so promptly deleted.
    Did I abuse - NO, did I flame - NO. I was simply inviting you guy's into a debate (WRX V's Astra Turbo) which we have been having on our site for some time. Obviously, being a WRX site we are being very biased and would have enjoyed hearing views from more Astra drivers.
    We get a couple of the Astra blokes pop in and have a dig which we enjoy. The rivalry is healthy. Shit, it would be a boring world if we all drove the same car and liked the same things.
    In closing, grow up fellas and get over your little inferiority complex Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeepers Bugeye :shock: Lay off the angry juice :!:
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BarneyG
    Jeepers Bugeye :shock: Lay off the angry juice :!:
    Didn't think that was angry dude???
    Again, misinterpreted Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well i think the WRX guy are cut that their car didnt win the prize and the Atra SRi-T won and beat the M3 and HSV's and their all cut now that we are driving the car that i think MOTOR said was best at that time of production...
    Lets face it if the WRX was not 4x4 it would be nothing, and as for the SRi-T well the fact that its a FWD and and it handles verry well for what it is and for what u get for the $$$ you pay for it, its one damn great car, expecially once it boosted/AmD injected Click here to enlarge.... what u WRX guys have to understand is that the SRi-T mods are just new to australia and the wrx mods have been around form the early 90z even in the rx turboz so give us a year or so and we'll be doing times in the 13z just like the wrx are doing as well... at the moment our cars are good enought for extreamly low low 14z and even maybe a gigh 13 on a perfect run. but then again lets just wait and see what happens once the auzzie turner's get their act together and maybe then we can have a better debate about WRX Vs SRi-T...
    both are great cars in their own right and in their own category.. but i cant see an WRX beating a MITSUBISHI EVOLUTION and as an example look at the price in the WRX and the EVO, for the same price i can buy a ford falcon second hand and a rexy too, but an evo u can buy 2 WRX as the EVO holds the value more.. and by the way their is only 600 SRi-T bound for austalia so even the astra will be worth more then the WRX after 5 yrs... SRi-T is the best small car going around by a long shot... WRX is in a diff category and theirfor its hard to compare.... better of u compair the WRX to the EVO champ :mrgreen:
    ***OPL-20T*** Number Plates FOR SALE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OPL-20L, nice one mate. Good points. Now to dissect Click here to enlarge
    We are not at all cut that the Astra won PCOTY. Think back to how many awards the mighty rex has won in it's time. About time something else was at least comparable.
    If the WRX was not an AWD car it would be, well, a 200SX S15 Click here to enlarge
    Poit taken reagrding the modding potential of the Astra. We are very fortunate to have a plethora of aftermarket parts/tuners. This is due to a supply/demand situation. There will not be the demand for aftermarket parts for the Astra as there is for the WRX so I seriously doubt you will ever get a huge amount of go fast bits for your cars.
    Mate, 13's are a good run. But for a WRX a 13 is not far from stock. The fastest WRX in the world (which is actually an Australian car) is running low 8's.
    The WRX V's EVO VIII is a no go. Maybe an STI v's EVO VIII yes. Let's face it though, the EVO we are going to see will be very watered down version of the Jap Spec model.
    Comparing a standard wrx to an EVO is like comparing a wrx to an Astra Click here to enlarge
    Now see mods, this is called healthy debating. Really don't see the crime in this sort of discussion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think there will ever be as many aftermarket parts for the Astra, as there are for the WRX. Being a Jap car, the list of parts is just endless. That and the SRiT isnt as common as the Rex.
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. I love the rex always have, reckon there an awsome package for what they are worth, but the problem is that every tom dick and harry has one. Hence they dont hold there value as much.

If the Astra came in 4x4 it would be a weapon. Some good points are raised about mods on the astra. The car hasn't even been out for a year as yet, and the ozzie turners are still learning how to get the most juice from this cars.

I didn't read the last post so iam not sure why it was deleted.
    Currently Playing:
    SUEDE@VBar Sat nights
    Seductive Fridays Monthly@Space
    Goodies@Goodbar Friday nights

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah your right fellas, the rex is becoming very common - for obvious reasons.

Jass - I have no idea why it was deleted either dude. Waiting to hear form a mod.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dont worry man, moderators here are pretty cool, we dont mind having peeps that drive cars either then opel's, we had a cruise last week, and a few clio sports rocked up, very nice ppl. The only thing we dont stand here are ppl who come in and start abusing other members, but you seem to be pretty down to earth.

welcome to the site :mrgreen:
    Currently Playing:
    SUEDE@VBar Sat nights
    Seductive Fridays Monthly@Space
    Goodies@Goodbar Friday nights

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Heats up argument.... Click here to enlarge )

Click here to enlarge

N/A (NO TURBO)

Astra Extreme
    -329kw
    -530nm of Torque
    -0-100 3.8sec
    -Power to weight ratio 295kw per tonne
    -Road Car
    -Runs on 20 inch Wheels

(Stirs Click here to enlarge )

Have to compare standard cars really, once you add money (Virtually unlimited in some cases!) anything is possible, as above (0-100 3.8sec!), same as rex running 8 sec quarters....Yellow evo 3 running 9 sec. Hell if I threw a crapload of money at my Corsa im sure i could get it to run 8's!

Compare a Standard 04 Sti with its Turbo lag problems to a standard SRiT as some Motor magazines have & guess which one came out on top..

(By the way I like WRX'S, Astra's ,Evo's & Turbo XR6's!!!!)
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Thread Information