Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to my dealers 'launch' of the VE tonight, VIP customers lol. Got up close and personal with the whole range, including the Statesman and Caprice which isn't due on official sale for another month or so. VERY impressed. They also showed a presentation of the models to come and showed the Astra Convertable, very hot, interestingly it's coming out here in the 2.2L only, not available in the 2.0 Turbo initially which will dissapoint some of you I'm sure.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Went past Booran Holden last night to have a look - they've got some Omega's and SV6's on the front lot - the sporty models definately look better - the Omega's look kind of "sparse". I never actually noticed in the pics what little front overhang they have - the front wheels are basically in the corners!!! They look good from most angles, the only thing that I didnt completely like is the view from directly front on - the flared wheel arches look good from any other angle, but from front on they look huge!

The other thing that made an impression on me was that VT-VZ was good at hiding how big a Commo actually is. The VE though IMHO looks big.
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does look big, especially when you get up close, thanks to the muscular lines and flared gaurds, don't mind that though, gives it a real on road presence.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I liked VT-VZ to VE changeover better than the VR-VS to VT changeover. I remember when the VT first came out I absolutely hated it - whereas I like the VE a lot more than I did the VT when it first came out.

If that makes sense.. Click here to enlarge
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh it does. I think what has made the VT-VZ to VE changeover much more seemless is that Holden's designers were using styling cues from VE on VY and VZ, and also on the front bar of the VZ Monaro, coupled with the TT36 Concept, which got people use to the design language, so when VE was released it wasn't a massive shock. Whereas with the VN-VS to VT changeover there were no real hints of the VT styling in the VS Commodore prior to the VT's release.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Thread Information