0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by InsaneAsylum
    the sri/vxr doesn't look like a rollerskate
    GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think the mazda 3 mps is a car with potential, just doesnt look as good as the other hot hatches out, not a fan of the mazda 3. what are the specs stock for the car
    Bass On Wheels Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    think the mazda 3 mps is a car with potential,
    What's the potential? Who has mods for this particular engine?

You are much better off with a Subaru, Golf or Astra. Heaps of stuff to upgrade the engine etc with.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra
    What's the potential? Who has mods for this particular engine?

You are much better off with a Subaru, Golf or Astra. Heaps of stuff to upgrade the engine etc with.
    I think he was referring to it having potential to be a good seller. It's not all about what mods you can do to it, majority of them sold will remain stock standard.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

OpelAus Participant Poogene2001's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they have gone the wrong way with the 3, they have made it look even more girly, while trying to drive the brand image into the "sporty" field. Kind of contradictory aims, if you ask me!
    If it were purely a matter of looks, then 3MPS = junk. But we all know, that there is more to it than that, and I have a feeling that it will out-perform anything in the same price bracket (ie 39 990). Mazda have recently ramped up their emphasis on the zoom zoom zoom factor and it seems to be paying off with 6 winning heaps of praise for its body control, and the 3 will be no different.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not as Sporty as i thought it would be. They Have made the SP23 now look more like a Luxury car then a sports model. I wonder if they will do a MPS 3 Sedan ? Now that would be interesting. But to be Honest even the new MPS 3 looks a little suttle compared to the MPS 6. And the last SP23 looks more Aggressive then the new MPS 3.

VXR is looking to be the most Aggressive of them all in the looks Department .

Even the new SRi T has a more Aggressive/ Sports look about it then the Mazda MPS 3.

Although it still is up there in the list of the top 5

Shaun
    Last edited by Shaun; 5th July 2006 at 12:13 AM.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh just realised now its 190 kw, same as the mps, was gona think that the mps 3 was gona be downtuned being a smaller car thats impressive
    Bass On Wheels Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shaun
    I wonder if they will do a MPS 3 Sedan ?

Shaun
    Yes I'm wondering about the same thing......Mazda 6 MPS looks really good, if they do a similar 3 it'll look good too.

Don't know about some of the critisism regarding mod potential on the Mazda 2.3ltr turbo, you know it will be only a matter of time before engine maps/mods will in fact be available - (just like the Mazda Rx8 which now has remapping and forced induction available for it, but initially had zippo), most Jap cars have soooo much modding available to them, just takes some time after their release.

Besides which, as it stands with somewhere between 180-196kw and 380nm and LSD, stock standard, I'm sure it'll keep most owners happy without power up mods anyway.

Don't get me wrong, my Fav. is still the VXR, just think Mazda have a top notch product there as well.......
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith
    Yes I'm wondering about the same thing......Mazda 6 MPS looks really good, if they do a similar 3 it'll look good too.

(just like the Mazda Rx8 which now has remapping and forced induction available for it, but initially had zippo), most Jap cars have soooo much modding available to them, just takes some time after their release.
    No 3 MPS sedan. Hatch only.

Anyone noticed that the Megane II RS (225) is available in a 3 door now at $38K?

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going in for a test drive on Saturday. Any suggestions on what to look for. The demo model they have comes with the leather pack.

Thread Information