Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by phat-dave
    sorry to disappoint, but the sri is not even in the same league. mindyou, it is 20k cheaper than the ss and 25k cheaper than the muzza so you certainly cant hold that against it...

the sri/vxr are excellent cars, my comments were my own opinion based upon what ive seen... an example though:

sri interior:
    http://www.digiads.com.au/car-news/i...6080-img_3.jpg
    vxr
    http://flickr.com/photos/jason_tan/1...7594085368277/
    http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.c...4136702944.jpg

buy either one and im sure you'd be happy, theyre excellent cars and its a great time for us consumers, we're finally get some decent hot hatches down under!
    Have to disagree there mate. I've driven an '04 VY II SS a fair bit and yeh of course it whips the SRi's ass a mile in the power and torque, but throwing the SRi into a corner compared to the SS is completely different. SRi leaves the SS for dead. I thought the SS handled well but after I drove the SRi the other day the SS feels pretty ordinary in the handling department now. Only a few days left until the old man gets the SRi can't wait! haha Will have to take the SS for a final fang though because there is nothing like the tail happy V8 for the power thrill and power oversteer, will miss it's grunt.
    Last edited by MatsHolden; 3rd July 2006 at 11:35 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

OpelAus Enthusiast aussie_in_london's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry Pom we hijacked your thread, nice car mate

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ....phew - looks like I missed a good chat on the vxr. Such is life.

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday was the response i've been getting from punters to the wheels - both the tyres but in particular the alloys. Have to say they do look great - better in the flesh than in the pics even.

Even had a Ford mate of mine, who is set on the XR5, wax lyrical about the SRi setup over the 'snowflakes' on the focus!

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MatsHolden
    Have to disagree there mate. I've driven an '04 VY II SS a fair bit and yeh of course it whips the SRi's ass a mile in the power and torque, but throwing the SRi into a corner compared to the SS is completely different. SRi leaves the SS for dead. I thought the SS handled well but after I drove the SRi the other day the SS feels pretty ordinary in the handling department now. Only a few days left until the old man gets the SRi can't wait! haha Will have to take the SS for a final fang though because there is nothing like the tail happy V8 for the power thrill and power oversteer, will miss it's grunt.
    I actually owned a vyii ss myself which was what my comparison was based upon.

Congrats Pom, lucky bastard! Now, where are those pics?? Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh looking forward to seeing some photos.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im envious, but i'll bet you will have alot of fun in that. and i'll have one in white please! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by phat-dave
    sorry to disappoint, but the sri is not even in the same league.

no its not in the same league. i was playing with an ss about a week ago and overtook him round the outside of a nice 100kph+ bend (roe hwy exit guys...lovely new road Click here to enlarge)

of course as per normal for a yob v8 moron, after losing round the corner he thought it was super cool blast past me at 150kph+ in relatively busy traffic in an 80 zone.

i agree in the straights stock vs stock cant compete...but once the road curves the ss is comparitively a barge.
    Subaru MY08 STi - Alpine white :whistle:
    Hammond to Clarkson: "if the STi is faster your gonna look like such a knob!"

209kw at all 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ah sri turbo nice looking car indeed got two at my dealership 1 black 1 silver i would nearly consider selling my ts sri turbo for a silver ah sri turbo....enjoy your new car....
    If your feeling kinda dizzy, possibly you've been Sparked!!

Check out my Site

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    congrats pom on ur new ride Click here to enlarge
    lucky bum

if all goes to plan, i hope to b da proud new owner of the astra vxr - fingers, hands, legs, feet, n eyes crossed!! LOL

have fun dude - enjoy every moment.

play hard, drive smart
    SOLD!! Soon to be Skoda Octavia vRS!
    Rieger Tuning Bodykit; Whiteline Rear Sway Bar; Whiteline Front Brace-Strut; Bilstein Heavyduty Strut Mounts; Koni Sports Shocks; Sports Ryder Performance Springs; DEPO Angel Eyes 5000k Xenons[/B]; Kamei Mesh Sports Grille; Hurricane Muffler; Hella FF50 Foglights; INXX Bonnet Lifters; 17x7.5" StarCorp Gunmetal 6;

Thread Information