22 18.49%
  • BE MORE LEANIENT TOWARDS WHAT USERS POST

14 11.76%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moderators

Anonymous
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DrDevil
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Degen-Astra
    Maybe pop a 1 month limit on topics being open from their last post? Maybe...after that they get locked but can be viewed.
    i don't see the problem in reviving old posts, there might be more information on the subject or an update.

maybe moderators should be wary of double posts in more than one forum and people who make topics for the sake of it.

for example: maybe we should introduce a huge combined topic for all the "Are you bored at work - here are some games/ interesting or funny webpages" threads. Or better still, make the "Off Topic" forum not count towards your post count/opel dollars.
    Ya Make a Good Point.
    But what I meant by revival of Posts was. A Question is Asked, It gets answers By 10 Members than a 2 weeks later it gets another Answer(From someone who already answered) that has nothing to do with the Topic in Question.

I've noticed 3 Threads that are Virtually the same in the Section,
    That are Basically Extenstions of a Topic already in Discussion.

Brisbane QLD Drives:'07 Mazda 3 MPS Colour:Aurora Blue
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i agree

Anonymous
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by OPL-20T
    i think that if anyone has a complaint about any member the moderators should all email eachothere and maybe a 3 warning system could be in place.
    and with each warning say for the
    1st warning 1 week kicked off
    2nd warning 2weeks kicked off
    3rd warning kicked off for good. :?:
    so wheres there 4th annd 5th

Anonymous
    SO do you guys suggest we should harsher on you all. I understand with the double posting, i'll make sure when i'm on none of that crap happens, but pretty much what we're trying to do is create an environment where we can freely interact and have some fun with it.
    Of course there are certain limits with the whole "acting freely" bit.
    What rules do YOU, as users think should be imposed?

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apart from the forum rules, this is the current working document on Moderation. Please remember that it is flexible and will change as required.

This current migration has seen a rapid rise in posts and users, and we (admins and mods) are slowing getting used to looking after OpelAus. I have posted this here for you all to see, so as to point out that we have (loosely) developed a policy. It's not just myself deciding I don't like what Gumby has said, so I'll delete him. Basically, we're getting there. If you have a really good idea, please PM the staff.

None of this is about censorship. It is about being fair, open and honest.

Bottom line is: if you post smart, you won't need us.

BTW, this has been agreed to by staff. This document came ito play only a few weeks ago..

#############################################

Rules of Moderation.

1) No abusive, and offensive language will be tolerated at all.

2) Material of a sexual nature will not be tolerated.

3) Discrimination based on any form will not be tolerated.

4) Material regarding products and services.
    a. Anyone commenting on a business, product or service needs to include first hand experience or correct and true facts.
    b. Speculation will not be allowed.
    c. Slagging businesses, products or services will not be allowed. However a first hand experience (minus abuse) is acceptable

5) Quoting from various sources.
    a. Source should be made aware, and permission sought.
    b. State source of quote.
    c. State on the post that material included is a quote and where it is sourced from.

6) Any forum, thread or post that is moderated needs to include reason for moderation and by which moderator.

7) Decisions are final.

8. Post whoring will not be tolerated.
    a. Warning should be issued.

9) Ridiculous and mindless (etc) posts will be deleted as determined by Moderators.

It is important that every moderator is involved. If you need to moderate a post, make the required changes, and leave your nickname so we (admins etc) know who has done what. You should also briefly explain why you moderated.

If you need to lock a thread, do so and move it into the administration forum. This way we can keep a record of locked threads, and it also removes them from public view. As a Moderator, you have access to this forum.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a forum i help to moderate we send a PM to the administrator and also to the person whose post we have deleted. Letting them know that the sort of post or content of post is inappropriate. This way they know exactly what way they have stepped out of line as well.
    Nick

MY03 - Astra SRi - Black...Sleek...

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah that sounds like a good idea i mean.. wat if they juc diddnt notice it and have offended a few ppl... they should be told so in the future it wont occur again..

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there wont be a 4th and 5th warning. just like the work place if u get 3 warning letter ur out of a job, why not have the same system on the opelaust forum i ask??????? also maybe have the number or warnings next to the NICK NAME of the persons warned as well.... any new rules in place should be respected by the uses of this forum, and if a new rule is introduced there must be a reason for it and we should all agree with it like it or not.... also if a presonal msg is sent and its not appropriate can that be taken into account and have that person warned as well or though its not posted for all to see.?
    ***OPL-20T*** Number Plates FOR SALE.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OPL-20T...

Whether the msg is private or not, you can still take offence. We need to know.

Banning is a really hard thing to do. It requires very careful tracking. But it can be done. Trouble with a forum like this is that the banned member can just create another nickname and log back in.

Oh, ip addresses are actually logged. So we know where you are..!!!

Like I said, careful tracking.......

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you all seem to be doing a good job as far as i can see

wd Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

[ OOD33 ] <3's [ 57U-OO ]

Thread Information