Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the same issue is going happen with the VXR as with the Golf and XR5T. Limited stock will be coming to australia and the VXR is still in very much High Demand in the UK and Europe.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a quick quiz and the Wheels XR5 vs XR6 turbo vs WRX. Haven't read the article yet but the 0-100 time of the XR5 they recorded was 7.6. But they also only managed 6.6 for the wrx.

OpelAus Participant Poogene2001's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by astro boy
    I had a quick quiz and the Wheels XR5 vs XR6 turbo vs WRX. Haven't read the article yet but the 0-100 time of the XR5 they recorded was 7.6. But they also only managed 6.6 for the wrx.
    How many times a day do you test your 0-100km/h sprint times? Unless your talking about the track, or the drag strip, then the 0-100 times mean very little in the real world. Bearing in mind that its FWD (vs. AWD and RWD for the cars it was compared to in the wheels test) its not a bad result for a 5 door hatchback. If you do read the article you will find the author goes on to say that in the real world (where they are more factors to a cars performance than standing 0-100 times) the XR5 nips at the heels of the WRX in the twisty bits and is far more nimble than the rolley polley XR6Turbo (not to mention well cheaper than both of them). I imagine that if u threw a Golf Gti with DSG onto the same course it would be marginally quicker than the Ford (but you'd need to pay a 10K premium, and yes... wait months and months before you could actually have it!)
    If I found $10,000 today, i'd instantly trade my squeeky seated (0-100 in 10.5 seconds) Astra CDX for an XR5 (even with no cruise control <oh my god, in todays society? not even as an option? oh my god> )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah they tested the XR5 at 15.5 1/4 mile and the golf gti manual at 15.4 and the dsg is qwiker then the manual hehehehe.

and if you were to drive the dsg gti round the track it would be faster and a better ride too, from what i have been reading.

but its wheels and they dont know how too drive fwd cars and they only show aussie cars in there reviews, they should of reviewd the xr5 against the gti mps and the vxr at the end of the year when they are here.

but what has already been stated the wait for tht gti is so long but its getting better was talking to someone who ordered it end of march and picks it up in a week so not even 3 months turn around so its getting shorter(unless you want dsg that is)

i can see the vxr being the same wait times..

SSS_Hoon
    Click here to enlarge
    ......all that work and still not enough killer wasps, So i'm in the hunt for more.....

Life Is A Bitch, Death Is A ****, That Comes For Everyone, When It Comes For You, Your Completely ****ed

"Soon to be adding to the family with a itty bitty bubby"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we've had one member already run the quarter over on the xr5t site (video footage available if u want to go check it out) and he got it down to a 15.1 sec over the 1/4. Once the car has opened up a little bit more and if he can get a perfect run he'll go a high 14 in stock form... not bad Click here to enlarge

I believe Wheels are going to the do a proper hot hatch shootout at the end of the year, Motor will too. They've only done a comparo now to ride the current buzz on the car.

It'd be great if they did a XR5T, VXR, 3 MPS and Golf GTI review at the end of the year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    15.1 that is not bad at all it should do high 14's for sure.

i think that is similar to what MR T did when his was sorta stock wasn't it?

i so want to get MZ_GTi to let me or even her take her GTi to WSID but it wont happen so sad hehehehe.

and MRS T i know what your saying about build quality hey i drive a Jap SSS and getting from that into the GTI is like another world completly.

i read in that wheels article that the VXR is due november and august for the mazda.

so hopefully at the end of the year they can do a review on all the current hot hatches availbale in Aus, i would also like the new renault clio 197 in there too.

SSS_Hoon
    Click here to enlarge
    ......all that work and still not enough killer wasps, So i'm in the hunt for more.....

Life Is A Bitch, Death Is A ****, That Comes For Everyone, When It Comes For You, Your Completely ****ed

"Soon to be adding to the family with a itty bitty bubby"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahaha. 15.1 is crap. standard srit do 14.6-15.0. and no cruise? wat a joke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rusole21
    hahaha. 15.1 is crap. standard srit do 14.6-15.0. and no cruise? wat a joke
    Click here to enlarge The XR5T isn't about straight line speed, it's about available rolling speed and more importantly corner to corner performance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's with this "brand loyalty" crap?

Surely it comes down to what you like the look of, what has the bells'n'whistles you want, what goes how you want it to go, what's got the safety features you might need but never want to use, and most importantly, what your back pocket can cope with!
    Don't get me wrong . . . I have 2 Astras: CD hatch and a convertible. Both are great cars. But that doesn't mean my next car is automatically going to be an Astra, or some other offering from GM.
    Open your eyes guys! There's heaps of nice stuff heading our way. Nice offerings from most Euro makers . . . and the Asian manufacturers have finally got their quality control/designs sorted (well, some of 'em) and are producing nice cars too (Honda, Mazda, Lexus).
    Don't forget: your Astra/Barina/Vectra is only a Daewoo equivalent in Germany!

I follow V8 Supercars because I like the sport. No one can tell me there is any "street cred" difference between the 2 makes. Open it up to include the likes of Mitsubishi, Toyota and any other maker that wants to join, I say. Make the car's performance comparable (like the real ones you buy) and leave the rest up to the teams and drivers.

Getting back on track . . . I reckon the XR5 is a nice package. I'd seriously consider it. Just can't find the button to lower the roof!
    Old enough to know better . . . Too old to care!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah that is a good point.
    has anyone read that small thing in the motor mag a few months back about the pug 209 cup racer? it has a naturally aspirated 2l with 209kw. now that would be a car i would buy over all these others. that is incredible power seeing as though holden strugled to make 185kw out of a 5litre a few years back.

Thread Information