Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    well its true - take mine for example - apart from proper front seats, climate control, 17s and the rev's in the centre of the dash, its the same Impreza that most grandmothers drive to Chadstone and back.

I couldn't give a shit though, because it puts a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel, especially in the wet Click here to enlarge
    Thats all that matters. My Sister BF is going to Buy a WRX... He said the same things after going in the VXR. He said what do you get with a WRX. AWD but no comfit. But as i said to him and he agrees. there heritage is going fast and basic.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

OpelAus Enthusiast aussie_in_london's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Audi RS4 would be my recommendation if costs permit : )
    Last edited by aussie_in_london; 21st June 2007 at 02:50 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aussie_in_london Click here to enlarge
    Ausi RS4 would be my recommendation if costs permit : )
    2nd that....
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tommi Click here to enlarge
    oooooooook ..... so I opened a can of worms!! geezzs people... calm down!

I want a track car, but a car thats refined and has luxory, one with heated leather seats, fully optioned, safe for the wife to drive.. one to put around town and then on weekends to take into the hills and chase down bikes.
    I've grown up with FWD's my whole life, and to be honest I have never owned a RWD/AWD and have never drifted or gone out power sliding cars... with FWD cars you learn to brake, pick a line, and control the accleration through the corner so you don't get understeer plow off the road or get the back out that far its going to spin!

So yeh VXR or MP3s(?) I think
    however maybe I need to learn rwd... rx8.. mx5 turbo or...
    Again just my 20 cents, I'd go with a 6 MPS ; then again I'm biased Click here to enlarge

Brisbane QLD Drives:'07 Mazda 3 MPS Colour:Aurora Blue
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by OZChris Click here to enlarge
    Again just my 20 cents, I'd go with a 6 MPS ; then again I'm biased Click here to enlarge
    Maybe bias...as i am too..

But seriously...the MPS6 has the performance and luxury...also easy to drive for the laydees...

Styling isnt ..WOW LOOK AT ME...but as said...neither is the WRX.

It has all the creature comforts you could want...and can fit a family with ease.

Going rather cheap..if you can still find a 06 plated model...

But...if the money was no problem...i would definately take the Audi.

I also agree....that the VXR and MPS3 isnt the car you want...for both track, luxury and everyday driving...

Cheers
    DUG74
    Wheels For Awareness
    Supporting The Australian Cancer Research Foundation

Click here to enlarge
    |

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tommi Click here to enlarge
    oooooooook ..... so I opened a can of worms!! geezzs people... calm down!

I want a track car, but a car thats refined and has luxory, one with heated leather seats, fully optioned, safe for the wife to drive.. one to put around town and then on weekends to take into the hills and chase down bikes.
    I've grown up with FWD's my whole life, and to be honest I have never owned a RWD/AWD and have never drifted or gone out power sliding cars... with FWD cars you learn to brake, pick a line, and control the accleration through the corner so you don't get understeer plow off the road or get the back out that far its going to spin!

So yeh VXR or MP3s(?) I think
    however maybe I need to learn rwd... rx8.. mx5 turbo or...
    As others have suggested, that's an impossible blend/combination for one car to have in the 'nominated' price range you've also noted Click here to enlarge

You'll have to just settle on one of the many compromised discussed types of 'your choice', or hang out and save up a few more dollars and get something that fits your above description Click here to enlarge

Oh, nothing hard about learning RWD, except proper handling of an LSD in the wet - fish tail heaven Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    As others have suggested, that's an impossible blend/combination for one car to have in the 'nominated' price range you've also noted Click here to enlarge

You'll have to just settle on one of the many compromised discussed types of 'your choice', or hang out and save up a few more dollars and get something that fits your above description Click here to enlarge

Oh, nothing hard about learning RWD, except proper handling of an LSD in the wet - fish tail heaven Click here to enlarge
    Personally i like the look of the Liberty 3.0R spec.B or the Liberty 2.5GT spec.B, depending on your price range. If i had a spare 70k i would go for the Liberty STI instead or Audi S3.
    Currently Playing:
    SUEDE@VBar Sat nights
    Seductive Fridays Monthly@Space
    Goodies@Goodbar Friday nights

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the replies there helping out heaps, speically because you own the cars and have or have had experiance with them.

I'm still confused... this is just as hard as buying a house... and thats another thing we are looking for hmmm... I wonder if I can find one of those RV's powered by a veyron engine hehe :P

I also have a soft spot for rare cars, my corolla is one of 6000 built world wide however its dead ..but i still polish it and love it...anyhow... I'm still liking the VXR, theres something about it... its different and has potential, sure the 0-100 can be compared to late 80's cars but you have to remember jurnos driving the humble excel, some jurnos said it did the quater in 18sec some said low 14's..wrx times! who cares what their test say.. its finding that
    car that best fits your purpose... be it a mini, mazda 3 or 6mps, a sss pulsar, a wrx or a vxr... and what really matters is what Vectracious said "...it puts a smile on my face every time I get behind the wheel" and thats what we all want.

By the way... M5... nah ... m6 I never said anything about 4 doors lol.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jass Click here to enlarge
    Personally i like the look of the Liberty 3.0R spec.B or the Liberty 2.5GT spec.B, depending on your price range. If i had a spare 70k i would go for the Liberty STI instead or Audi S3.
    70k buys you a BMW 330i Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge with sport pack Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The VXR cleans the ford up in a straight line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go watch the Top Gear review on the Ford, Vauxhall & Renault
    Click here to enlarge

FG F6 310 + Peri Peri = 406kw & 890Nm atw
    1/4 mile 11.7 @ 119 mph on factory 19" Dunlops 10/08/11 WSID

Thread Information