Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: ok own up

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tmov81
    most probably by australians...

i am sure if you spoke to a german or briton or american they would argue their national championships are better...

i personally dont like a two make series... i can understand why they have it regulated so heavily, because they dont want to get upstaged again by foreign built cars.

Some people thrive on the two car series, and good for them, but i will never be an avid fan of v8 supercars as long as it is a two make series
    Actually, drivers and respected motorsport personalities such as John Clelland, Rubens Barichello, Murray Walker and there's others that have said it is the best touring car category in the world. Also look at the British based 888 racing outfit getting involved in a major way as they believe the same thing. The two make Holden/Ford thing just makes it even more Australian, with the traditional Holden/Ford rivalry.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MatsHolden
    Actually, drivers and respected motorsport personalities such as John Clelland, Rubens Barichello, Murray Walker and there's others that have said it is the best touring car category in the world. Also look at the British based 888 racing outfit getting involved in a major way as they believe the same thing. The two make Holden/Ford thing just makes it even more Australian, with the traditional Holden/Ford rivalry.
    I agree with you there Mat.
    Its good having a specific catagory. The cars are all evenly matched and this makes for great racing. Others have said that the GTR's and cosworths were creaming them... yeah which made the events not as competitive. maybe competitive between the gtr's and cosworths, but not where everyone can have a go and have a chance of winning.

Its kind of like letting those GTR's go up say F1's cars. Bit extreme, but its mismatched. F1 is a specific category, just as the V8 Supercars.
    :: OpelAus Senior Moderator ::
    :: OLD: 2000 Opel Corsa B 1.4 - Old info here - 48.7kw atw
    :: OLD: 2003 Opel Corsa C SRi - Old info here - 84.8kw atw
    :: OLD: 2003 Opel Astra SRiT - 182.3kw atw
    :: Daily: 2001 E46 BMW 325Ci Coupe – 2.5L 5spd Manual
    :: Project: 1983 AE71 Toyota Corolla CS-X - not sure what to do yet... ::

www.pauljakubicki.com
    facebook.com/PaulJakubickiPhotography
    Event Photographer/Writer for SpeedNation.com.au

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont mind v8 supercars, but i prefer stuff like that racing they have on sbs... cant remember what its called but they have three classes, and like the bottom class has like daihatsu sirions, middle class has like astras, vectra b's, toyota celicas and the top class has a falcon, commonwhore and s2000...

but yeah each to their own Click here to enlarge i like to see a variety of cars on the track, and love seeing the less powerful but lighter s2000 make up heaps of ground on the corners while the big v8s hammer it on the straight Click here to enlarge
    ===============================
    Click here to enlarge

CALIBRA...
    Its not just a car,
    Its a way of life...

Troy
    1996 North Cape Calibra - C25XE (2.5L V6)

===============================

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if you look at V8 supercars purely for the racing action, it is pretty enjoyable to watch; tight, close racing and lots of overtaking.
    If you want it to resemble in anyway the production cars on offer by Holden or Ford then it's going to be dissapointing (as it was in the past where cars from the showroom raced and you could buy the winning car to take home).
    '03 Silver Astra City 5 door

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by astra_city
    I think if you look at V8 supercars purely for the racing action, it is pretty enjoyable to watch; tight, close racing and lots of overtaking.
    If you want it to resemble in anyway the production cars on offer by Holden or Ford then it's going to be dissapointing (as it was in the past where cars from the showroom raced and you could buy the winning car to take home).
    We all know that the only thing that the V8 Supercar has in common with it's road going equivalent is basically just the shell. But Holden and Ford still go by the philosophy win on Sunday, sell on Monday; and it must work because otherwise Holden and Ford would have pulled their support long ago. Afterall that is one of the main reasons manufacturers get involved in motorsport, to sell their brand.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Thread Information