Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the end of the day, Holden has just proved that they are willing to give a big F*CK YOU to their consumers, by trying to improve their own profits.

and yes, the company does need to stay afloat. but they are going about it in completely the wrong way. New Car sales are not as high as the numbers of vehicles they bring in. IF they used their heads, and brought in smaller amounts of the right cars, they would be better off financially.
    Intead, they bring in a crap load, and they sit on the floors around the county just wasting. If someone is REALLY keen on a car, they will wait 2-3 weeks for delivery.
    I say , they should AT LEAST have the Opels on a request order.
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    The important thing is that Holden have a competent car at the right price for the market.

They also have a manufacturer that can respec a car quite quickly. I wouldn't be surprised to see a diesel version within 6-12months (like the captiva).

Talking about Captiva... how long before we get a 3.6L V6 version? Daewoo already ship a version to the USA as the Saturn Vue Redline.
    I agree - Holden is aiming at a price conscious buyer who is looking for a well specced and comfortable vehicle. No doubt the Epica will also score a minimum of 4 ANCAP stars so the safety aspect is well covered.

And you know what? The Epica probably will succeed where the Vectra failed. It is a competent vehicle, it is well priced and as you suggest rjastra, it's sourced from a company that can respond quickly to change.

If the Mondeo is to be launched for sale in October with a diesel in the range, then the Epica will more than likely have one in September.

I wonder if there will be an additional bodystyle for Epica? A wagon in the works maybe?

And a 3.6 Captiva.... sounds interesting. It would probably be in MaXX spec, although a Captiva V Series wouldn't go astray.....

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Intead, they bring in a crap load, and they sit on the floors around the county just wasting. If someone is REALLY keen on a car, they will wait 2-3 weeks for delivery.
    I say , they should AT LEAST have the Opels on a request order.
    2-3 weeks to order!! try months and months. Some people have no idea i reckon Click here to enlarge

Holden have proven (well the CONSUMER has) that they,the public, don't want $40K Opels (ie Vectras). And judging by sales, the Public aren't really interested in mid $30K turbo astras or $30K turbo diesel Astras. All the cars YOU want. Puts HOlden in a hard corner when the cars YOU think people want are actually aren't want the buying PUBLIC want to buy.

To bring home the pricing problem that Holden has with its Opel inventory... the top of the range Epica is very close in price to the new Astra SRi 2.2L
    Last edited by rjastra; 24th April 2007 at 02:03 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was at Eagers Holden today. Had a look at the Epica..what a poor effort at a car. as boring and bland as possible. the lights just dont fit with the car, and the wheels are just cost savers, as they dont match the car at all.

The salesguys there all agree with me on Holdens new take of GayPoo's instead of Opels.
    Its shocking.

And btw, the general public are a) too lazy to put effort into researching a car before they buy it. b) on the dole, so buying a car with the governments money. c) have less than no interest in what they buy, as long as they get from a-b.
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The comments on this topic are getting a little harsh and I can understand people's views. My feelings are very much the same. But what I have come to understand is that there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. Holden is not a premium brand, specifically in the lighter segments... and people know this. Unfortunately they are now giving the MAJORITY of people what they want. We know that they were on to a good thing with most of the Opel products, but as they said... people did not buy them enough to make them profitable. Public perception about a company is not easy to change. Unfortunately Holden's is cheap, fairly reliable and a bit of a maaaate mentality (not all of course, but i have worked for them, so I can vouch for this). The only way to deal with the Barina/Viva/Epica/Captiva situation is to just buy something else

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is nothing wrong with the Epica. I think it looks quite nice. The dealership i have just ordered my VXR From have on in stock with a set of 17 inch aftermarket rims and tinted windows. I personally like it and if i was after something cheaper and was more practical to have if i had a family i would consder one very hard..

Get over it guys ...
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mizled_SRi Click here to enlarge
    The comments on this topic are getting a little harsh and I can understand people's views. My feelings are very much the same. But what I have come to understand is that there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. Holden is not a premium brand, specifically in the lighter segments... and people know this. Unfortunately they are now giving the MAJORITY of people what they want. We know that they were on to a good thing with most of the Opel products, but as they said... people did not buy them enough to make them profitable. Public perception about a company is not easy to change. Unfortunately Holden's is cheap, fairly reliable and a bit of a maaaate mentality (not all of course, but i have worked for them, so I can vouch for this). The only way to deal with the Barina/Viva/Epica/Captiva situation is to just buy something else
    Agreed.... speak by not opening the wallet Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shaun Click here to enlarge
    There is nothing wrong with the Epica. I think it looks quite nice. The dealership i have just ordered my VXR From have on in stock with a set of 17 inch aftermarket rims and tinted windows. I personally like it and if i was after something cheaper and was more practical to have if i had a family i would consder one very hard..

Get over it guys ...
    Yes, agreed also. I am so "over it" with Holden importing South Korean crap. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And here's the thread Vectracious was referring to in the AH Astra Sedan thread..... and yes, the Epica is still a big piece of South Korean crap Click here to enlarge

My 2 cents.... hmmm.... I wonder how long it will take before someone Opelises one Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge :wall:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOOOOOO, dont put that idea out there!!!!
    i will puke on the persons head if they do that.
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ASTRAnomical LCC Click here to enlarge
    NOOOOOO, dont put that idea out there!!!!
    i will puke on the persons head if they do that.
    My 2 cents..... probably the sort of person who buys one of these things probably would have some sort of twisted idea that this piece of crap is an Opel Click here to enlarge just like the already mentioned TK Barina owner Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge

Thread Information