Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 180HOA
    It's all well and good to argue the merit of the cars on reliability alone. No matter what you buy or what you spend, you can have reliability issues. It's always a gamble. I also don't care if the cars a bit less refined that some others out there, as long as I like it overall.

But those crash tests... For me, this is THE issue with the Daewoo-sourced cars. I don't care how cheap they are, I wouldn't buy one and would advise people I care about not to.

There's no point putting airbags in the car if it has the structural integrity of a wet sock.
    There's little danger of crashing a car that you can't keep on the road.....

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holden whatever

Sorry, but Holden have lost me as a customer. Yes, my vectra has some problems, but wasn’t a big a problem as my last 2 Commodores.

Selling Korean cars without the dynamics of the European cars and using the Holden label to give the poor quality some legitimacy just doesn’t cut it for me. Sure it might work for the bean counters, but it doesn’t work for the people who like driving cars.

The Vectra is up for replacement soon and there is nothing Holden builds at the moment to replace it. The company car is a CDX Astra due for replacement next year; the choice is a base model Viva or a Falcon sedan. Don’t think I risk the family in a Viva with no ABS.

- MFL

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black AH CDX
    How do you know it WILL be below par, have you seen either of these cars in person yet?
    GMDAT don't own any factories yet. They are all still in the control of Daewoo Motor Corp and are essentially a supplier/sub-contractor to GMDAT.

The first GMDAT factory is not due untill 2008 when they begin to take control of the Daewoo controled factories. But with GM's current financial state I wouldn't be surprised if that time frame gets pushed out a bit further.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most buy a vehicle to get them from A to B. the Epica will probably be good value for money and would come in a variety of colours for all those motoring "Enthusiasts".

I have never liked Korean made vehicles. They are cheap, nasty and above all - uninspiring. I doubt you will feel special driving the Epica.

Even with GMDAT, you'd be naive to expect the quality to be any better than the best Daewoo currently has to offer. I feel sorry for any current model Barina/Viva owners out there.
    Last edited by one2have; 21st May 2006 at 11:45 PM.
    Click here to enlarge A man with odd circumstance.. A victim of ghetto demands..

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The company car is a CDX Astra due for replacement next year; the choice is a base model Viva or a Falcon sedan. Don’t think I risk the family in a Viva with no ABS.
    Are you pulling our leg? How does a $18000 Viva be an equivalent car for at least a $30000 (fleet pricing) Falcon. Please explain. You work for a weird company it seems.

OpelAus Forum Addict Red AH SRI T's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DOCS (department of community services) just purchased a fleet of Viva sedans through us, all without ABS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DOCS (department of community services) just purchased a fleet of Viva sedans through us, all without ABS
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge A man with odd circumstance.. A victim of ghetto demands..

OpelAus Forum Addict Red AH SRI T's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LMFAO!!!!

that's a coupe though Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra
    Are you pulling our leg? How does a $18000 Viva be an equivalent car for at least a $30000 (fleet pricing) Falcon. Please explain. You work for a weird company it seems.
    hahaha i was thinking the same thing...
    ===============================
    Click here to enlarge

CALIBRA...
    Its not just a car,
    Its a way of life...

Troy
    1996 North Cape Calibra - C25XE (2.5L V6)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how many private companies are buying viva's Click here to enlarge

the government doesnt give a rats about its employees Click here to enlarge would rather save the money and hope that if the employee dies in an accident they can blame the other driver or the govt employee...
    Click here to enlarge

CALIBRA...
    Its not just a car,
    Its a way of life...

Troy
    1996 North Cape Calibra - C25XE (2.5L V6)

Thread Information