0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a joke..... and it just gets crazier Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have any of you actually had a decent look at an Epica ??

I did on the weekend for the price you get a very decent value .

So what if its not "Opel" . I think it looks great for the money and extreme value for the money. And the quality isnt that bad either.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a look at one last weekend. The build quality compared to the Vectras is very poor IMO. It's a cheap Korean car and not a fill for the market the Vectra had but aimed at entering the cheaper mid car market alongside the likes of the Lantra and Lancer. A bad move for holden as it's not reflective of their brand image or headed in the direction the company is trying to persue. After investing so much money in the Comodore and coming up with a very successfull model I feel they have let them selves down by letting the rest of their product line slip.

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it seems to me that Holden want peeps that like the "European" ride and handling to go for the larger commodore rather than a mid sized car...after all it's the flagship

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too had a good look around one on Sunday at Toowoomba Holden. No salesman to annoy you, so i got to have a good look at it. I have to say that it is a contender for the market it is aimed at.

The Vectra/Epica is in a market that has the likes of the Elantra, Lancer, Mazda6 and the list continues to grow. While the Mazda is top of the field, it has the premium price too. I think that when Holden release a series 2, or the next model Epica, it will change the mind of alot of people out there.

Holden are not silly. Especially seeing they are willing to throw $1 billion's at the latest Commodore. They have kept the Commodore to almost what it has always been. As with the Astra, the 2 cars that sell the most for Holden.

They now have the best of both worlds, being able to offer a budget priced, quality car, with the Holden name that the average person trusts. As well as offering world class vechiles (Astra, VE Commodore, Monaro).

I think the next generation Epica will surprise.
    Click here to enlarge
    It's RED and it goes PPHSSSSS
    And as good as gone.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shaun Click here to enlarge
    Have any of you actually had a decent look at an Epica ??

I did on the weekend for the price you get a very decent value .

So what if its not "Opel" . I think it looks great for the money and extreme value for the money. And the quality isnt that bad either.
    Yes Shaun, many of us have had a good look at this hideous piece of GM Daewoo, and quite frankly most of us do not like it, as per the many previous posts.

So, if you love it so much, trade your ride in, and buy one.

And my 2 cents.... price has never ever driven me to buy something.... if I was price conscious, I would have purchased an Accord Euro or a Mazda 6, or Hyundai Sonata, the list goes on, yada yada yada. But no, I selected a Vectra for a lot of reasons, but not one was price. Click here to enlarge

So yes Shaun, we know you think this epic piece of crap is extreme value for money, and I respect that, and I realise you do not care if it is not an Opel. Your opinion, but you won't change mine, nor many here. Click here to enlarge

And maybe epic piece of crap mark 2 will be better... who knows.... that is for time to tell Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tfer Click here to enlarge
    So, if you love it so much, trade your ride in, and buy one.
    Tfer, that's a bit juvenile...he said it was good value, that does not mean you would buy one. I have a 03 Passat and a CDTi Astra...I too looked at the Epica, I would not want one, but I did think it was good value and not too shabby looking. I wouldn't want one because it's too slow...it is however better than quite a few cars I have owned in my lifetime...

digifish
    Petrol is for the weak
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by digifish Click here to enlarge
    Tfer, that's a bit juvenile...he said it was good value, that does not mean you would buy one. I have a 03 Passat and a CDTi Astra...I too looked at the Epica, I would not want one, but I did think it was good value and not too shabby looking. I wouldn't want one because it's too slow...it is however better than quite a few cars I have owned in my lifetime...

digifish
    Umm no.... just for once in my life on this forum, I am not sitting on a fence Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's interesting to see the rabit/negative opinions on the Epica on this forum.

And all this support for the Vectra which is considered uncompetitve in its home market (UK/Europe) Click here to enlarge

Strangely the Vectra model that was most competitive in Australia was the one that had the size/format that was more closely aligned to the specs of the current Epica.

It will be interesting to see how the new Mondeo fairs in this market. I have a feeling it will be a little too exxy for the Ford badge. It is much larger and heavier than its competitors. It weighs in at 1600kg!

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...vw_passat.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    It's interesting to see the rabit/negative opinions on the Epica on this forum.

And all this support for the Vectra which is considered uncompetitve in its home market (UK/Europe) Click here to enlarge

Strangely the Vectra model that was most competitive in Australia was the one that had the size/format that was more closely aligned to the specs of the current Epica.

It will be interesting to see how the new Mondeo fairs in this market. I have a feeling it will be a little too exxy for the Ford badge. It is much larger and heavier than its competitors. It weighs in at 1600kg!

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...vw_passat.html
    And weight has never been a consideration for me also, as the Veccy C is around 1500kg, and as we know, as each model comes on line, normally the power and torque figures also increase, so if the new Mondeo is 1600kg, most likely given the current figures of the current model, she will most certainly still be able to life her skirts and run hard..... hmmm, something the epic piece of crap at this stage cannot Click here to enlarge

So weight and price are not considerations for me, but quality, road prescence, safety, build quality, driveability, built in Europe are considerations of mine (whilst there are some good examples of Japanese models, I have not seen one South Korean model yet I would consider, at this moment). Click here to enlarge

My 2 cents.............

Thread Information