Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    OpelAus Participant Poogene2001's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My concern is more the attitude of "dustbug" saying he couldn't care less what other drivers think. Plus the lack of projector auto-leveling headlamps in an Astra would create more of a dazzle effect than the BMW and Mercedes that were mentioned which DO come with both of those things standard. But like I said, its OK because he is more than 1000km away from me!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Poogene2001
    My concern is more the attitude of "dustbug" saying he couldn't care less what other drivers think. Plus the lack of projector auto-leveling headlamps in an Astra would create more of a dazzle effect than the BMW and Mercedes that were mentioned which DO come with both of those things standard. But like I said, its OK because he is more than 1000km away from me!
    Ahh sorry I see where you're coming from now.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wayne was researching some kit a while ago, they were closer to $3-400, and were focus corrected for reflector headlights.
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

OpelAus Participant Lucky_Astra06's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how interesting i picked my car up from holden last night and asked about getting new headlights. im getting bright blue globes from motoquipe in Hornsby but to install them u gotta remove a air intake hose box thingie???? and also slide the battery out on the other side... high beam lights u gotta get from a compartment in the wheel arches!!! how crap is dat, anywho holdens gonna charge me $1/min to change the globes, wheres dis place in da city dustbug???
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There seems to be a difference of opinion. I dont understand how an ubiquitous item throughout the auto-industry can be such a contentious subject. This certainly wasnt my intention.

The Xenons were developed by the car companies and thus i find it implausible that these can be branded as egocentric additions. The oversensitivity of certain users of this forum is of deep concern and suggests that some serious indepth counselling is required.
    Last edited by dustbug; 13th May 2006 at 09:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Lucky_Astra06
    how interesting i picked my car up from holden last night and asked about getting new headlights. im getting bright blue globes from motoquipe in Hornsby but to install them u gotta remove a air intake hose box thingie???? and also slide the battery out on the other side... high beam lights u gotta get from a compartment in the wheel arches!!! how crap is dat, anywho holdens gonna charge me $1/min to change the globes, wheres dis place in da city dustbug???
    This place in the city installs HID Xenon systems for around $100. If you would like new globes and have them installed for nothing, you can go to AutoJoy in Parramatta. I have fitted two sets of globes by myself and it is easily done.

www.autojoy.com.au

Their parking lights sell for approx. $30 while their low beams sell for approx. $50.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have attempted to install low beam aftermarket HID xenon to the AH Astra. You may find that you will encounter EXTREME difficulty to get it to work with this particular car. It is not as simple as "plug and Play"!! At the end, I gave up because there were way too much mucking around with it. You may get these issues when trying to install them:

1. CANBUS will cut power supply once it detected a low power requirement(different power requirement between halogen and HID) You may see the HID to come on for less than a second and then switch off. (This is what you will get with the plug and play scenario with and without a new harness)

2. If you attempt to setup an electronic system, and a brand new harness to fool the CANBUS into thinking there is a halogen bulb, so that it doesn't cut power to the HID, you will need to buy a matching resistor as the H7 bulb. The electronic diagram system can be found on a Vectra forum (someone from the UK got it to work with the new Vectra), I tried that, but it wouldn't work due to many reasons. You will find that you need to do a lot of trail and error to get the right resistance. If you attempt to head down this way, good luck.

Mate, the AH is a pain in the ass to use HID, good luck with your quest. If you happen to get it to work, I'm really really interested to work, coz my H7 8000K HID kit is still lying next to me !!

Sammy

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm happy you live in NSW.
    We dont need any more tossers in Victoria who are willing to temporarily blind other drivers for the sake of a "cool" colour for their headlamps.
    Is there something wrong with your standard headlamps? Mine work just fine... they light up obstacles on the road and allow other road users to know I'm coming. Ticks all the boxes as far as I can see. Maybe its the "eye brows" that you've stuck onto your headlights that are causing the problem?

im with you on this one. to many w#nkers without the PROPER setup add's to road problems. if you MUST do it do it propperly so you do'nt blind other drivers. get the self leveling setup and the proper reflective setup. then fine do it. but from the sounds of it you do'nt care if they work propery you just want the w#nk factor and could'nt care about other drivers. now thats a real worry! also from what ive read a proper setup costs well over $1000 so no doubt this setup you will be buying wont last long anyway. lets hope for the other mottorists sake

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by beep beep sri
    ive read a proper setup costs well over $1000 so no doubt this setup you will be buying wont last long anyway.
    That is true...
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dustbug
    There seems to be a difference of opinion. I dont understand how an ubiquitous item throughout the auto-industry can be such a contentious subject. This certainly wasnt my intention.

The Xenons were developed by the car companies and thus i find it implausible that these can be branded as egocentric additions. The oversensitivity of certain users of this forum is of deep concern and suggests that some serious indepth counselling is required.
    The fact is that you're quite happy having these on even though you dazzle other road users. This itself is a selfish act.

I have a set sitting right here, they were on the car for less than an hour, took em off until I can get myself proper projector headlights that focus the beams properly.

If you have problems with the stock setup, get better HALOGEN bulbs, eg. 100w bulbs or something from Philips or Osram with better light output. I have Osram Silverstars in mine and is a better improvement over standard.

As said before, if you want to go ahead with it then its up to you, have you driven on the road at night with people with dazzling headlights (even ones that aren't aimed properly on standard bulbs) behind you? They are a pain and I would take a different route just to avoid their blinding lights. Its dangerous as well.

If you want to do it, do it right. Even if you don't have the self-adjusting headlights its not that bad, if you got proper projector headlights. If you do have a chance to see how badly the beam is dispersed, you might change your mind.
    Last edited by R3N; 13th May 2006 at 05:14 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information