Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HID Xenons for Astra AH

Hello all,

Thinking about getting some HID Xenons for my Astra AH next week, either monday or thursday. Just want to know everyones thoughts on this. Also does anyone suggest what brand or where I can get them from.

The other biggest problem is what colour temperature do I get. This is what the colours and temps are.

6,000K Pure White (Slight Blue Tint) 2800lm
    8,000K Blue 2400lm
    10,000K Deep Blue 2200lm
    12,000K Blue-Purple 2100lm

Standard Halogen Yellow 1000lm

What should i get???? I'm thinking 10,000K!!!
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would go

8,000K Blue 2400lm
    10,000K Deep Blue 2200lm

were are u getting them from??
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd go 5000k or 6000k.

But I would recommend against putting them on unless you have projector headlights, reflector headlights don't disperse the beam properly and causes alot of glare.

I put a set on my G last night but took em off as they were too bright.

If you can put up with being highbeamed all the time and glaring other road users then by all means go ahead. The HID kits are not cheap though and I am not sure of the legality of the issue.

I would definitely get projectors before HIDs.

Thats what I think
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am getting them from a place in the city for around $500 installed for any colour temperature. Made in China though with 1 year warrenty.

Ones made in Korea are about $650. 1 year warrenty.

Ones made in Japan are about $850. 2 year warrenty.

I don't mind putting up with the glare and pissing off other road users, the roads are there to share!!! Mwahahaha na i'll install them and see, i'm sure they'll be fine. Legalities, well if cops say something i'll say i got them as an option through Holden, they wouldn't know if i did or not. Majority of brands now offer HID Xenons as an option.

Any other opinions on where to get them from, brands or price?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd definately go 6000k in colour temperature. Also mate you have to have auto levelling headlights in order to legally fit HID Xenon lighting, which the Astra doesn't have. So just something to keep in mind, becuase you don't want to spend all that money and then be given a defect notice to have them removed. Stay away from cheapo brands as they will last only a very short time. Philips produce a good HID Xenon system. But remember it all boils down to the auto levelling headlights, whether you want to risk it or not.

Cheers
    Mat
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MatsHolden
    I'd definately go 6000k in colour temperature. Also mate you have to have auto levelling headlights in order to legally fit HID Xenon lighting, which the Astra doesn't have. So just something to keep in mind, becuase you don't want to spend all that money and then be given a defect notice to have them removed. Stay away from cheapo brands as they will last only a very short time. Philips produce a good HID Xenon system. But remember it all boils down to the auto levelling headlights, whether you want to risk it or not.

Cheers
    Mat
    Click here to enlarge
    The AH Astra's comes with auto leveling headlights. (By that you mean you turn a dial and you can move it up and down???)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, thats not auto-levelling headlights, all Opels have that dial to adjust the level of the headlight beam, auto levelling headlights constantly change the level of beam according to the bumps the vehicle goes over. It uses sensors to operate.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't there a Canbus issue with installing Xenons?

OpelAus Participant Poogene2001's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dustbug
    I don't mind putting up with the glare and pissing off other road users, the roads are there to share!!!
    I'm happy you live in NSW.
    We dont need any more tossers in Victoria who are willing to temporarily blind other drivers for the sake of a "cool" colour for their headlamps.
    Is there something wrong with your standard headlamps? Mine work just fine... they light up obstacles on the road and allow other road users to know I'm coming. Ticks all the boxes as far as I can see. Maybe its the "eye brows" that you've stuck onto your headlights that are causing the problem?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not the colour of the light that is blinding, it's the intensity of the Xenons. But BMW, Mercedes etc sell their cars with Xenons either as standard or an option, and they are blinding even though they are legal, so owners can't do much about it.
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Thread Information