Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and i know they are running them out any way cos of the new model i just think they are starting to relise they are harrder to sell
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 180HOA
    we have the 3rd cheapest fuel in the world, behind the US and Canada
    thats for the large countrys of the wold ppl in the middlle east are still getting it for penuts
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by WA04SXI
    I am wundering know when the Police are going to follow on and if we are going to start seeing Corrolas, Subaru RX's, and other smaller endgine Police cars like in the UK.
    As long as Commodore and Falcon are being made then they won't begin using 4 cylinder imports as there main police vehicles. Victoria Police, going back a few years ago now, had a few Subaru WRX's as special highway patrol vehicles but they had to get rid of them because they kept blowing the engines and turbos. lol
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MatsHolden
    As long as Commodore and Falcon are being made then they won't begin using 4 cylinder imports as there main police vehicles. Victoria Police, going back a few years ago now, had a few Subaru WRX's as special highway patrol vehicles but they had to get rid of them because they kept blowing the engines and turbos. lol
    We have them over here in a town called narragine, full of rev heads with hotted up cars. narragine is in the middle of the wheat belt

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting statistics I read sommewhere a few days ago:

1. Apparently the model T Ford did about 25 miles per gallon. Today the average American car only manages around 22 mpg - despite 98 years of 'advancement'.

2. If the average American car used around 3 mpg less than they do currently, the USA wouldn't need to import any oil.

Imagine that - no dependency on the middle-east - and all it would take is for Americans to get their hands off it long enough to realise they don't have a god-given right to be wasteful...
    Astra SRiT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try telling that to 280 million americans..
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no dependency on the middle-east
    The only reason we have that dependancy is because the companies that supply the oil from there, will stop at NOTHING to remove any threat that would substantially change our dependancy on their income.

After all the trees and animals are gone will we realise we cannot eat money
    (or buy them back either, for that matter)
    Last edited by pred8r; 30th April 2006 at 09:40 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    "At the moment you have the answer to fuel consumption by looking at diesel, but governments then charge extra taxes on it so they make that option really unavailable to the public because they chose to put a levy on the fuel." - Tom Walkinshaw (HSV)

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pred8r
    The only reason we have that dependancy is because the companies that supply the oil from there, will stop at NOTHING to remove any threat that would substantially change our dependancy on their income.

After all the trees and animals are gone will we realise we cannot eat money
    (or buy them back either, for that matter)
    To be honest, I think the middle-east would be pretty much helpless if people stopped passing the buck and blaming governments/oil companies/etc. They only respond to the economic environment provided by a large number of individual people. If those individuals change their behaviour, what can Mr Oil Company do about it?

Taking the USA example of a 3mpg increase in fuel efficiency: Rather than increasing efficiency, they could just use their cars less. Simplistically speaking, using some form of transport other than a car for every 7th trip would have a similar effect. Car pooling would help also. And there's not a thing the oil companies can do about either of those things. I cycle to work most days and it looks ridiculous to me to watch all those people (individually) taking 2 tonnes of metal to work with them. And most of them are getting fatter and unhealthier on the way - a lose/lose situation. The problem isn't that the oil companies have too much power or governments are too weak - the problem is that people are too lazy to get off their arses.

When all it would take is 25mpg to remove America's dependence on imported oil, and an Astra can do 30-40mpg without trying and a hybrid can do 45-odd around town, it all just seems crazy to me.
    Astra SRiT

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the laws of supply and demand
    Click here to enlarge
    "At the moment you have the answer to fuel consumption by looking at diesel, but governments then charge extra taxes on it so they make that option really unavailable to the public because they chose to put a levy on the fuel." - Tom Walkinshaw (HSV)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting statistics I read sommewhere a few days ago:
    1. Apparently the model T Ford did about 25 miles per gallon. Today the average American car only manages around 22 mpg - despite 98 years of 'advancement'.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by wikipedia
    Model T had a front-mounted, 177 in³ (2.9 L) 4 cylinder motor in a block producing 20 hp (15 kW) for a top speed of 45 mph (72 km/h).
    Most modern cars will do twice that speed economically plus have aircon and other luxuries including key start. Click here to enlarge

Thread Information